Rooted Froyo Wireless Tether Still Work?

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that on the older Rubix (froyo based) Rom, I can still use my WiFi hotspot with out any issues.

I have been considering getting a striped down rooted GB build, but this kinda thing would keep me from doing it.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The block is not OS dependent. From professional experience, "wireless carriers will block your IP on wired or wireless tethering if you surpass a huge amount of gb used, like 20gb in 1 month.

I did 14gb two month ago. I started to freak back then. But my "wireless tether for rooters" and wired Easytether is still not blocked on rooted 602 build gingerbread for DROID x.

No offence, but its sounds like you got targeted for " excessive usage"... lol .... you could try to appeal by calling customer care. Good luck.

Sent from my Rooted Stock Gingerbread 4.5.602 build DROID X using Tapatalk!!!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The block is not OS dependent. From professional experience, "wireless carriers will block your IP on wired or wireless tethering if you surpass a huge amount of gb used, like 20gb in 1 month.

I did 14gb two month ago. I started to freak back then. But my "wireless tether for rooters" and wired Easytether is still not blocked on rooted 602 build gingerbread for DROID x.

No offence, but its sounds like you got targeted for " excessive usage"... lol .... you could try to appeal by calling customer care. Good luck.

Which app are you using for wireless tethering?

Sent from my DROIDX

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It's in the 2nd paragraph of his post.

I got the "easy tether" but that's wired. What's the wireless app?
OK, I got it, its not "wireless tethering for rooters" , it's just the basic wifi tether app. Same thing I guess...LOL!
Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I got the "easy tether" but that's wired. What's the wireless app?
OK, I got it, its not "wireless tethering for rooters" , it's just the basic wifi tether app. Same thing I guess...LOL!
Sent from my DROIDX

There is an app called 'Wireless Tether for Root' it is no longer accessible from the market but the apk can be found using Google.

[tapatalk - shadow]

Reactions: JkdJedi

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I use EasyTether Pro for my wired tethering... and Wireless tethering for Rooters (v.2.0.7) for me wireless tethering. Both can be found for free via a simple google search or getting unethical but legal alternative markets.. like. Snappzmarket or 4shared or shareapks or etc etc etc etc.. lol

mradlauer

Sep 2, 2010
www.clearcutaudio.com

This is not correct and has been discussed at length on xda...

I am a very infrequent tethering user...as in maybe once or twice a month and for very little bandwidth... As soon as I installed a GB release I was no longer able to remove the wifi hotspots app and I was immediately redirected to vzws website to sign up regardless of the tethering app thati used...this is most certainly OS dependant and again discussed both here and on xda.

Now I haven't been following the progress of GB but it sounds to me like things haven't changed.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If it was OS dependant, then EVERYONE using Android 2.3.3 (Droid x) or 2.3.4 or like my new RAZR on 2.3.5 will not and cannot wired and wirelessly tether. Yet, I can.. ergo... Therefore.... in conclusion.... logic states its not OS dependant.

Again, it is not OS dependant as my old Droid x on 2.3.3 and especially my new Razr on 2.3.5 , and especially on friends phones of other make and mode and Os versions , can tethered both ways without Verizon redirecting me to any "sorry you do not have this feature.. click here to get tethering for $20/month" website....

What I know for fact... your ip got flagged.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk