One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2,

MjDroidx

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

It ran all the way through and said Success! I should be rooted But I still don't have root.

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Were you previously rooted? If so, remove SUPERUSER from your phone. Apparently, it will not work if it is already on the phone. There maybe other things you need to do in order to reach success, but Im not aware of them since I havent tried One Click since it didnt work the first time.

My suggestions to you if its not working after that is to SBF and save yourself the time and trouble. That is what I plan to do since the One Click instructions are not clear about what will cause you to not Root successfully!

S/N I got the same message and thought I was rooted

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

Were you previously rooted? If so, remove SUPERUSER from your phone. Apparently, it will not work if it is already on the phone. There maybe other things you need to do in order to reach success, but Im not aware of them since I havent tried One Click since it didnt work the first time.

My suggestions to you if its not working after that is to SBF and save yourself the time and trouble. That is what I plan to do since the One Click instructions are not clear about what will cause you to not Root successfully!

S/N I got the same message and thought I was rooted

Evidently, the one-click will not work with SUPERUSER installed. So, every time you run one-click and it fails, you need to go through the process to remove SUPERUSER, and then try again.

It's a PITA, of course, but the end result is a rooted DX.

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I did not look for the stock version of GB. Instead, I SBF'd back to Froyo and updated to GB OTA. Then I ran One-Click and had success. This was the only way I could get Superuser off the phone. S/N you have to be rooted to remove SuperUser in the first place. (Im a noob)

hoyatooms

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, I had a problem with this procedure on my Win7 64-bit PC, after it rebooted the phone the first time, the Motorola bootloader came up and I couldn't figure out what to do from there. I tried it again on my WinXP 32-bit PC and it all went accordingly. In hindsight, I think if I just disconnected the USB, rebooted the phone, and hooked the USB back up it might have continued to run on the Win7 PC, but I was paranoid. But now I'll never know. All is well that ends well.

This is what I had to do on my Win7 64-bit machine for both reboots. Do that and it works no problem.:)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

I sbf d back to 602 and am now trying this one root click deal here, I've installed the drivers but am now getting force closes on my pc (the executed file force closes not my pc) when I execute the one click file, any ideas? thanks in advance. :)

Jedi

EDIT: Ok I figured it out, In my haste I tried to flash the zip file form the 2nd or 3rd post v4 I think it was, I'm now rooting my phone with the v7 version and all seems to be going well as I type this, thanks again for those concerned, and now for some Sensei Modding!!!

Last edited:

cstamatin13

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I found it sweet and easy, i had done a lot to mine, considering its my dev phone. actually had it soft bricked, sbf to 2.3.34, then to the 602 update. After all that, rooted nice and easy with the second method. actually tried to do it in linux, but found no comprehensive guide, and since i am just begining my dev career, i went ahead and tried this.

WORKS GREAT GUYS!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I found it sweet and easy, i had done a lot to mine, considering its my dev phone. actually had it soft bricked, sbf to 2.3.34, then to the 602 update. After all that, rooted nice and easy with the second method. actually tried to do it in linux, but found no comprehensive guide, and since i am just begining my dev career, i went ahead and tried this.

WORKS GREAT GUYS!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Well to ease your woes, in the future you can now SBF with the current .602 build in the stickies, and use the one click to root it. Apologies if you already knew that. If not, your very welcome,lol.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Got bored with my old Froyo ROM (Rubix with a few tweaks) and decided to SBF back to stock Froyo today. I took the .605 Gingerbread update after I did, and was able to root with this script, with no problems at all. Thanks!

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Hey the link to Droid 3 easy root script v7 is broken. Can someone post a link to elsewhere for this download that is still working?

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

This is not working for me. Im on 605 and tried it several times. On the computer screen its stuck on "rebooting phone" and on my phone its stuck on bootloader. Any one have any ideas??

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Walk thru what you're doing, maybe we will find a missed step or config issue.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

i'm just following the step by step method given in this thread.
I download and install the 32 bit.
I download and install and unzipped the Droid 3 easy root script v7
I checked bebuggin and plugged it in made sure its on charge only
I went to Droid 3 easy root and..... nada I'm stuck on the yellow screen on my pc and bootloader on my phone.
I have done this 10 times in the past 5 days

jnnyr

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

i'm just following the step by step method given in this thread.
I download and install the 32 bit.
I download and install and unzipped the Droid 3 easy root script v7
I checked bebuggin and plugged it in made sure its on charge only
I went to Droid 3 easy root and..... nada I'm stuck on the yellow screen on my pc and bootloader on my phone.
I have done this 10 times in the past 5 days

haven't tried it yet but am about to. One thing I can suggest is try to change the charge only to the other setting. I have found that for whatever reason the charge only isn't universal to all phones.

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

tool is for 2.3.4 not stock droid x 2.3.3 see tool start menu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18