Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #51  
    jerseyboy357's Avatar

    Posts
    1,465 Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Look for the Superuser apk after getting your ROM or once youve rooted your stock device:

    Grab Terminal Emulator from the Market
    Open it and type su
    if you get this...# youre rooted(#=superuser)
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
  2. #52  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami T2 View Post
    how do you find out if it took. is there a new icon or what?
    Easiest way is to try and use an application that requires Root. If it works, you are gold.
  3. #53  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Does this work on the .605 Gingerbread? If not, can I sbf back to .602 from .605?

    Edit: I read on a different thread that it should, so I will be giving it a whirl tonight then.

    Edit 2: Worked like a charm!
    Last edited by El Jefe; 01-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

    -----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
    -----------------------------------------
  4. #54  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    DX GB 605 not able to get One C,ick to work, when I open Pete's motorola root tool file .exe or the Droid easy root .sh they all open as plain text with NOTHING happening.

    Using Macbook with Lion

    HELP
  5. #55  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Trying this on my droid x running 4.5.621 and I get the following error:
    Running exploit [part 2 of 3]…
    Failed on ‘/data/local.prop’ – Permission denied
    Cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
    “Repeats”
    Then Reboots the phone
    Running exploit [part 3 of 3]…
    Remount failed: Operation not permitted
    Failed to copy ‘busybox’ to /system/xbin/busybox’: Read-only file system
    Su’ and Superuser.apk
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file of directory

    what is happening?
  6. #56  
    NegativeCreep's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by tmantroid View Post
    Trying this on my droid x running 4.5.621 and I get the following error:
    Running exploit [part 2 of 3]…
    Failed on ‘/data/local.prop’ – Permission denied
    Cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
    “Repeats”
    Then Reboots the phone
    Running exploit [part 3 of 3]…
    Remount failed: Operation not permitted
    Failed to copy ‘busybox’ to /system/xbin/busybox’: Read-only file system
    Su’ and Superuser.apk
    Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file of directory

    what is happening?
    .621 is not rootable for the moment. You cannot SBF back to an earlier release. You're stuck unfortunately until somebody finds a way to root .621. Sorry
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Droid X ver. 2.3

    I ran the program but after reboot on set 2 I got the message:

    cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied

    I followed all instructions and activated USB debugging what else do I need to do?
  8. #58  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    I've tried different links, multiple times, nothing works, some say "success" and still no Superuser on the phone. Others show error messages, but still aren't helpful. I am very VERY new to this whole rooting thing, but had no problem rooting Droid Razr, but cannot root my Droid X for the life of me. This is the latest that I tried and the message received:
    cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
    failed to copy 'busybox', 'su', 'superuser.apk' to /system
    Unable to chmod /system...
    Please help!
  9. #59  
    jerseyboy357's Avatar

    Posts
    1,465 Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by Natik777 View Post
    I've tried different links, multiple times, nothing works, some say "success" and still no Superuser on the phone. Others show error messages, but still aren't helpful. I am very VERY new to this whole rooting thing, but had no problem rooting Droid Razr, but cannot root my Droid X for the life of me. This is the latest that I tried and the message received:
    cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
    failed to copy 'busybox', 'su', 'superuser.apk' to /system
    Unable to chmod /system...
    Please help!
    Try this
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
  10. #60  
    nmDXaddict's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Is there anywhere else to get Droid 3 easy root script v7? The page it is linked to says the file is unavailable due to TOS violation. Going to head over to XDA but thought I'd ask. Thanks
    A bunch of dumb phones,a Curve 8330, Droid X, Samsung GS3!
  11. #61  
    gordol's Avatar

    Posts
    329 Posts
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock GB 2.3.4

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCreep View Post
    .621 is not rootable for the moment. You cannot SBF back to an earlier release. You're stuck unfortunately until somebody finds a way to root .621. Sorry
    So... Is rooting the DX end-of-life'd? .621 has been out fot MONTHS without being rooted, whereas, for example, iOS 6 beta was out for mere days before being jailbroke.
    --
    PDA/Smartphone path: Palm IIIx -> various Sony Clies -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> iPhone 3G -> Crapberry Storm2 / iPod Touch -> Droid X -> iPhone 5
  12. #62  
    cyberdalek's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Affinity/Franco

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Just pulled the old Droid X out of the drawer hoping to give it some CM7 love since I am more comfortable rooting than I was when it was my DD and I find that Verizon has screwed me again.

    I hope that a non-Linux method becomes available but it's not looking too promising. I am so glad I went with the Galaxy Nexus after the X and will never go to a non-Nexus phone again.
    “There’s always something to look at if you open your eyes!”
    -The Doctor-
  13. #63  
    NegativeCreep's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    For those of you stuck on .621 head on over to RootzWiki for the root method. It's a Linux LiveCD/FlashDrive so you don't have to do anything permanent to your computer.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.
    Thanked by:
  14. #64  
    nmDXaddict's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeCreep View Post
    For those of you stuck on .621 head on over to RootzWiki for the root method. It's a Linux LiveCD/FlashDrive so you don't have to do anything permanent to your computer.
    Thanks for the idea of heading over there. Rooting noob but the method was easy as easy can be. Now I'm rooted and need to look for some roms to flash.
    A bunch of dumb phones,a Curve 8330, Droid X, Samsung GS3!
  15. #65  

    Unhappy Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2,

    I signed up here so I could get the links and follow these steps to root my phone but all the root files have been removed. I do have the 621 though and not 602. So maybe it would have messed my phone up if I tried it.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

  17. #67  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    follow me on youtube i test on my x and make videos on accurate information to help people in need
  18. #68  

    Question Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    Okay, Hey guys.

    I'm gonna bomb an evening and say i have no clue wth I'm doing here, with this phone, right now.

    My thoughts were, root? I got this. Now I'm like, everything outdated or i can't understand it.

    I factory reset my Droidx 2.3.3 just now, I'm trying to install a simple root for screenshots etc, small things. Or increased battery life, as mine lasts about 5 hours. Can anyone speak english to me for a few minutes? Either so or Add me on facebook and help me out? Or this, it's whatever floats the boat of the android community. Help will be highly appreciated at this point. Thankyou guys c:

    Edit: I won't be on this site, for i only have Facebook messenger on my phone since the factory reset. If anyone can help, Send me a message at mah facebook. (Email being) 'degenerousrose@hotmail.com' or just send me an email there.
    Last edited by Squishyishy; 12-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.
  19. #69  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2,

    motofail should work for 2.3.3, or use pete's root tools
    magic md5 root for 2.3.4
    links in my list
    sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs....

    Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Android Central Forums
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)
  20. #70  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

    hi the links is crashed
  21. #71  

    Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2,

    Quote Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
    motofail should work for 2.3.3, or use pete's root tools
    magic md5 root for 2.3.4
    links in my list
    sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs....

    Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Android Central Forums
    just use my link ^
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

B