One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2,

evilkefz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2) [From the Forums]

This works for the Droid X that has the 602 update

One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2) [From the Forums]

Earlier today we reported XDA forum member dirbliss had successfully rooted the Motorola DROID 3. Now, thanks to Framework43, krazykrivda, and psouza4 over at rootzwiki, we have an uber simple one-click root method for stock Gingerbread. I have tested this out on my Droid X running 4.5.602 and everything went flawlessly. As per P3Droid, this method should work on the Droid 3, Droid X, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2. Here?s how it goes down, but proceed at your own risk:

Motorola drivers need to be installed ? 32bit here and 64bit here
Download and unzip ?Droid 3 easy root script v7′ to your PC from here
Turn on USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
Plug phone into your computer and select ?Charge Only? mode
Navigate to ?Droid 3 easy root? folder you unzipped above and run ?Click to root your Droid 3.bat?
Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot

No more SBFing back to Froyo on the Droid X! Thanks to everyone that set this up. Make sure to check the source link below for any updates.

[via rw]

snakekillar

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

neither verson has worked for me. i was rooted with fryo, but lost it on the update. i searched, and found some adb commands, but i take it that they didnt work. im a noob at all of this, i would appriciate any and all help with this issue.
this is what i did...

"I didn't create the file, but they should be able to update it easily.
in the meantime, open the folder you extracted these files to.
(i'm assuming you are in windows 7 here)
hold Shift+right click a blank spot, select "open a command prompt here"
type: adb shell
when you hit enter, the next line should end with a #
if it's $, run the oneclick again, then start this over

once you have the # prompt, type
mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
hitting enter after each line.
don't worry if it says it can't find the file... the point here is to get rid of it anyway

Last edited:

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

The one-click worked for me! Here is the history of my phone: I was rooted with Froyo. I took the original GB udpate and became unrooted. I took the latest 602 update and also did a factory reset... so I was pretty much stock. I ran the one-click root last night, and I am rooted! That was Soooo easy!!!

tsargent347

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

so is this root legit? and if it is do i have to run gingerbread based roms since im currently on gingerbread? or can i run any kind of rom? i have all the files to sbf it back to froyo if that is a easier way

radiok

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, I had a problem with this procedure on my Win7 64-bit PC, after it rebooted the phone the first time, the Motorola bootloader came up and I couldn't figure out what to do from there. I tried it again on my WinXP 32-bit PC and it all went accordingly. In hindsight, I think if I just disconnected the USB, rebooted the phone, and hooked the USB back up it might have continued to run on the Win7 PC, but I was paranoid. But now I'll never know. All is well that ends well.

BuMMeR-X

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Worked great for me, first time I have had my X full rooted......loving it.....

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I thought one had to be rooted to backup?

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

The one-click worked for me! Here is the history of my phone: I was rooted with Froyo. I took the original GB udpate and became unrooted. I took the latest 602 update and also did a factory reset... so I was pretty much stock. I ran the one-click root last night, and I am rooted! That was Soooo easy!!!

Same history for me.....except sadly it did not work. Tried both versions.

Last edited:

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I appreciate you trying but this does not work. The updated program crashes...cmon man...dont rush and put stuff out that only works for a few phones. Bad Business!

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I appreciate you trying but this does not work. The updated program crashes...cmon man...dont rush and put stuff out that only works for a few phones. Bad Business!

Truth is, we are all beta testers when we try new software and rooting tools we get here and from the hard working and under appreciated folks who love all things Android, including the guys over at XDA. Most of what we play with is F R E E, so when things work as intended, great! When things don't, it's still great, and it was fun trying. The day I don't have time to mess around with an installation, I just don't.

Anyway, I'm sure the above comment was tongue-in-cheek, so it's nothing to get upset with.

Just my 2? based on having been helped and benefited from a lot of free help on this site and others.

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Truth is, we are all beta testers when we try new software and rooting tools we get here and from the hard working and under appreciated folks who love all things Android, including the guys over at XDA. Most of what we play with is F R E E, so when things work as intended, great! When things don't, it's still great, and it was fun trying. The day I don't have time to mess around with an installation, I just don't.

Anyway, I'm sure the above comment was tongue-in-cheek, so it's nothing to get upset with.

Just my 2? based on having been helped and benefited from a lot of free help on this site and others.

Thats all fine and dandy! The point was its not working and wont work for maybe 80 90 percent of ppl!!...why follow up with an update that doesnt even begin to fix the problem. I had time to mess around with the installation and found out from other sites that it infact does not work! Just venting because I spent the time trying and would hate for someone else to waste theirs! Again, I was sincere and I appreciate the effort but thats not to say I cant critique it in the end!

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

This solution worked for me, using the updated file, I am rooted. NOTE: I needed to REBOOT my phone again after running the root. Once I did that, I was rooted. (Also, the following instructions are good to remove SUPERUSER if Verizon is going to look at your phone.)

Originally Posted by KevlarGibs

I didn't create the file, but they should be able to update it easily.
in the meantime, open the folder you extracted these files to.
(i'm assuming you are in windows 7 here)
hold Shift+right click a blank spot, select "open a command prompt here"
type: adb shell
when you hit enter, the next line should end with a #
if it's $, run the oneclick again, then start this over

once you have the # prompt, type
mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
hitting enter after each line.
don't worry if it says it can't find the file... the point here is to get rid of it anyway

then run the oneclick again. worked for me

meyer

May 31, 2010
Visit site

This was fast, easy, & painless as hell. Thanks.

fdecaprio

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Neither worked for me. The program said completed step one, rebooting phone, but the phone never rebooted.

jcarlosfox

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

You might check the "USB Mode" on your phone. I did mine with the phone in "Charge Only" - which I am not sure what is outlined in the instructions. So....you might play around with those settings.

Make sure you get a "$" when running "adb shell", BEFORE you run the rooting. It MUST be on "$", and you must remove the Superuser:

rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su

BEFORE running the root. Root will fail if SU is present on the phone when you run the one-click root.

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Neither worked for me. The program said completed step one, rebooting phone, but the phone never rebooted.

I would suggest flashing back then rooting. It is a SIMPLE step by step process with no confusion!! My two cents...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000