Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Exclamation One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2,

One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2) [From the Forums]

This works for the Droid X that has the 602 update

Earlier today we reported XDA forum member dirbliss had successfully . Now, thanks to Framework43, krazykrivda, and psouza4 over at rootzwiki, we have an uber simple one-click root method for stock Gingerbread. I have tested this out on my Droid X running 4.5.602 and everything went flawlessly. As per P3Droid, this method should work on the Droid 3, Droid X, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2. Here’s how it goes down, but proceed at your own risk:

Motorola drivers need to be installed – and
    Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v7′ to your PC from
    Turn on USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
    Plug phone into your computer and select “Charge Only” mode
    Navigate to ‘Droid 3 easy root’ folder you unzipped above and run ‘Click to root your Droid 3.bat’
    Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot

No more SBFing back to Froyo on the Droid X! Thanks to everyone that set this up. Make sure to check the source link below for any updates.

[via r]
    Thanked by 8:
    JkdJedi likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Default Re: One-Click Root for Stock Gingerbread (Droid X, Droid 3, Droid

program updated
    Thanked by 2:

neither verson has worked for me. i was rooted with fryo, but lost it on the update. i searched, and found some adb commands, but i take it that they didnt work. im a noob at all of this, i would appriciate any and all help with this issue.
    this is what i did...

"I didn't create the file, but they should be able to update it easily.
    in the meantime, open the folder you extracted these files to.
    (i'm assuming you are in windows 7 here)
    hold Shift+right click a blank spot, select "open a command prompt here"
    type: adb shell
    when you hit enter, the next line should end with a #
    if it's $, run the oneclick again, then start this over

once you have the # prompt, type
    mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    hitting enter after each line.
    don't worry if it says it can't find the file... the point here is to get rid of it anyway
    Last edited by snakekillar; 08-28-2011 at 06:30 PM.

The one-click worked for me! Here is the history of my phone: I was rooted with Froyo. I took the original GB udpate and became unrooted. I took the latest 602 update and also did a factory reset... so I was pretty much stock. I ran the one-click root last night, and I am rooted! That was Soooo easy!!!

so is this root legit? and if it is do i have to run gingerbread based roms since im currently on gingerbread? or can i run any kind of rom? i have all the files to sbf it back to froyo if that is a easier way

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, I had a problem with this procedure on my Win7 64-bit PC, after it rebooted the phone the first time, the Motorola bootloader came up and I couldn't figure out what to do from there. I tried it again on my WinXP 32-bit PC and it all went accordingly. In hindsight, I think if I just disconnected the USB, rebooted the phone, and hooked the USB back up it might have continued to run on the Win7 PC, but I was paranoid. But now I'll never know. All is well that ends well.

Sorry....rooting newb

Do you need to make a backup first?
    b_leonard likes this.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ninja View Post
    Sorry....rooting newb

Do you need to make a backup first?
    Always make a back up. Ya know, just in case.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

ROM
    ArcticHD

Worked great for me, first time I have had my X full rooted......loving it.....
    vor

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bigxie

I thought one had to be rooted to backup?
    Droid HD Maxx on Tmo Prepaid [ROM] Nexesesque
    Xoom [ROM] Team EOS ICS

Galaxy Nexus GSM [ROM] RasbeanJelly
    Droid X [ROM] VorteX Reloaded (VXR)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberchief View Post
    The one-click worked for me! Here is the history of my phone: I was rooted with Froyo. I took the original GB udpate and became unrooted. I took the latest 602 update and also did a factory reset... so I was pretty much stock. I ran the one-click root last night, and I am rooted! That was Soooo easy!!!
    Same history for me.....except sadly it did not work. Tried both versions.
    Last edited by jcarlosfox; 09-02-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Subscribe to thread

Worked awesome! Yeah root!

Not sent from my Droid X

I appreciate you trying but this does not work. The updated program crashes...cmon man...dont rush and put stuff out that only works for a few phones. Bad Business!

Quote Originally Posted by papadonna View Post
    I appreciate you trying but this does not work. The updated program crashes...cmon man...dont rush and put stuff out that only works for a few phones. Bad Business!
    Truth is, we are all beta testers when we try new software and rooting tools we get here and from the hard working and under appreciated folks who love all things Android, including the guys over at XDA. Most of what we play with is F R E E, so when things work as intended, great! When things don't, it's still great, and it was fun trying. The day I don't have time to mess around with an installation, I just don't.

Anyway, I'm sure the above comment was tongue-in-cheek, so it's nothing to get upset with.

Just my 2˘ based on having been helped and benefited from a lot of free help on this site and others.
    Evvy-ready likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarlosfox View Post
    Truth is, we are all beta testers when we try new software and rooting tools we get here and from the hard working and under appreciated folks who love all things Android, including the guys over at XDA. Most of what we play with is F R E E, so when things work as intended, great! When things don't, it's still great, and it was fun trying. The day I don't have time to mess around with an installation, I just don't.

Anyway, I'm sure the above comment was tongue-in-cheek, so it's nothing to get upset with.

Just my 2˘ based on having been helped and benefited from a lot of free help on this site and others.
    Thats all fine and dandy! The point was its not working and wont work for maybe 80 90 percent of ppl!!...why follow up with an update that doesnt even begin to fix the problem. I had time to mess around with the installation and found out from other sites that it infact does not work! Just venting because I spent the time trying and would hate for someone else to waste theirs! Again, I was sincere and I appreciate the effort but thats not to say I cant critique it in the end!

This solution worked for me, using the updated file, I am rooted. NOTE: I needed to REBOOT my phone again after running the root. Once I did that, I was rooted. (Also, the following instructions are good to remove SUPERUSER if Verizon is going to look at your phone.)

Originally Posted by KevlarGibs

I didn't create the file, but they should be able to update it easily.
    in the meantime, open the folder you extracted these files to.
    (i'm assuming you are in windows 7 here)
    hold Shift+right click a blank spot, select "open a command prompt here"
    type: adb shell
    when you hit enter, the next line should end with a #
    if it's $, run the oneclick again, then start this over

once you have the # prompt, type
    mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
    rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su
    hitting enter after each line.
    don't worry if it says it can't find the file... the point here is to get rid of it anyway

then run the oneclick again. worked for me

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    ROM
    Orville Redenbacher

This was fast, easy, & painless as hell. Thanks.
    2005 GSXR 1000

Neither worked for me. The program said completed step one, rebooting phone, but the phone never rebooted.

You might check the "USB Mode" on your phone. I did mine with the phone in "Charge Only" - which I am not sure what is outlined in the instructions. So....you might play around with those settings.

Make sure you get a "$" when running "adb shell", BEFORE you run the rooting. It MUST be on "$", and you must remove the Superuser:

rm /system/bin/su
    rm /system/xbin/su

BEFORE running the root. Root will fail if SU is present on the phone when you run the one-click root.

Quote Originally Posted by fdecaprio View Post
    Neither worked for me. The program said completed step one, rebooting phone, but the phone never rebooted.
    I would suggest flashing back then rooting. It is a SIMPLE step by step process with no confusion!! My two cents...

It ran all the way through and said Success! I should be rooted But I still don't have root.

Were you previously rooted? If so, remove SUPERUSER from your phone. Apparently, it will not work if it is already on the phone. There maybe other things you need to do in order to reach success, but Im not aware of them since I havent tried One Click since it didnt work the first time.

My suggestions to you if its not working after that is to SBF and save yourself the time and trouble. That is what I plan to do since the One Click instructions are not clear about what will cause you to not Root successfully!

S/N I got the same message and thought I was rooted

Quote Originally Posted by papadonna View Post
    Were you previously rooted? If so, remove SUPERUSER from your phone. Apparently, it will not work if it is already on the phone. There maybe other things you need to do in order to reach success, but Im not aware of them since I havent tried One Click since it didnt work the first time.

My suggestions to you if its not working after that is to SBF and save yourself the time and trouble. That is what I plan to do since the One Click instructions are not clear about what will cause you to not Root successfully!

S/N I got the same message and thought I was rooted
    Evidently, the one-click will not work with SUPERUSER installed. So, every time you run one-click and it fails, you need to go through the process to remove SUPERUSER, and then try again.

It's a PITA, of course, but the end result is a rooted DX.

I did not look for the stock version of GB. Instead, I SBF'd back to Froyo and updated to GB OTA. Then I ran One-Click and had success. This was the only way I could get Superuser off the phone. S/N you have to be rooted to remove SuperUser in the first place. (Im a noob)

Quote Originally Posted by radiok View Post
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents, I had a problem with this procedure on my Win7 64-bit PC, after it rebooted the phone the first time, the Motorola bootloader came up and I couldn't figure out what to do from there. I tried it again on my WinXP 32-bit PC and it all went accordingly. In hindsight, I think if I just disconnected the USB, rebooted the phone, and hooked the USB back up it might have continued to run on the Win7 PC, but I was paranoid. But now I'll never know. All is well that ends well.
    This is what I had to do on my Win7 64-bit machine for both reboots. Do that and it works no problem.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast