Phone is stuck at M logo, Bootloader 30.01?

indypacer

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this isn't my phone but someone else's so I've got very little info I can provide. Here's what I do know:

-Phone was running Apex ROM for Gingerbread
-Owner SBF'ed to get back to stock.
-Not sure if he used the right SBF, I don't think he really knew what he was doing.
-Phone will not get past the Motorola logo now
-Cannot get into stock recovery or any other
-I CAN get into the bootloader to SBF, and RSDLite does recognize the device for flashing.
-The bootloader says 30.01. For comparison, my DX running rooted GB is on 30.04

Can someone tell me what SBF (or combination of SBF's) needs to be used to get this thing back to life? The 30.01 bootloader has kind of thrown me for a loop, I don't want to do anything to it unless I know it won't screw it up further.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Just chose if you want to SBF back to Froyo for 2nd-init ROMs or you want to .596 SBF for stock GB. And do it properly.

Last edited:

indypacer

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I SBF'ed to 2.3.340. At the end it said it passed in RSD, but stayed in the bootloader. I pulled the battery and disconnected, tried to boot up. Still sticks at the Motorola logo, still can't get into stock recovery.

Any other suggestions?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I SBF'ed to 2.3.340. At the end it said it passed in RSD, but stayed in the bootloader. I pulled the battery and disconnected, tried to boot up. Still sticks at the Motorola logo, still can't get into stock recovery.

Any other suggestions?

Heres the trick, and it's been mentioned above here already but it seems you havnt tried it yet. you got to go to the STOCK bootloader and do a FACTORY RESET, DatA wipe, etc. (Power and Home key I believe it is) Good Luck!!

indypacer

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Second SBF didn't work either. Same thing happened - RSD said PASS at the end, but I couldn't get beyond the Motorola logo. It's weird because when I've SBF'ed my phone, RSD has always sent it into a bootloop (at which point I do a data wipe) or at least out of the bootloader.

Jedi, I appreciate the input, but as I stated in the original post, I cannot get into stock recovery (home+power). I was unable to before receiving the phone, and unable to after either SBF.

I'm considering flashing the new Gingerbread SBF that just got released. This phone hasn't seen anything besides a Motorola logo and a bootloader screen since I received it.

indypacer

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and flashed the Gingerbread SBF. Same thing, RSD said PASS. I powered it on, and it's stuck at the Motorola logo. But it does have the red Motorola logo, so there's an indication that the SBF at least worked, just for whatever reason it can't get beyond the logo. Still can't get into recovery either.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Try sbftool v1.2 and 602 gingerbread root 1click method .... no RsdLite needed... just run the program and walla... back to froyo 340 then do the gb update and do rOot. fixed my bricked DROID x due to a bad apex gb download.

If you can't find it on google search, just see my note page on facebook @ androidcore611... good luck :)

Sent from my Rooted Stock Gingerbread 4.5.602 build DROID X using Tapatalk!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad