Rooted...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just Rooted using the one click method. I got ROM Manager but can't reboot into recovery. Do I need to do something else?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You need to purchase the Droid 2 bootstrapper if you're on Gingerbread.
Thanks! I was able to get it to work and create a Nandroid. Now I just need a good ROM to flash. All I know about ROMs are for the DInc. I felt like a change so I decided I'd root my DX. Now, I'm pretty much back at square one. HaHa

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My personal favorites are Apex and CM7. Apex has always been rock solid. CM7 is very solid once you download the necessary add ons. Each has pros and cons. Best thing I have found is to take some time with each and see what you like. I would suggest not bogging too much with apps unless you also pull Titanium as it can be a real PITA reinstalling apps with every new ROM (most require wiping data/cache).

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i used Apex for the majority of the last year i've owned my x, but now i'm on gb rooted and the phone works so well i haven't been inclined to try anything else for the time being. nice to have everything work and the phone is pretty fast so far. definitely faster than stock froyo.