Getting a FC for notification tones in CM7

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I took the better part of the day installing CM7 on my DX and it turned out perfectly. Installed Bootstrap, the bug fixes, and (needless to say) CM7 after SBF-ing to Froyo. I am in love with this ROM, except for one thing:

I can't set any notification ringtones. Every time I try it gives me a Force Close and it shuts down the whole app. This goes for the Facebook app, Messenger (texting) app, Twitter app, and ALL the other apps that require a notification tone. I can get a vibrate, but that is all. No sound.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I did a search but haven't been able to come up with anything.

Thanks in advance...

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
60 views and no comments?

I know I'm not the only person that's experiencing this issue. I've found multiple posts on this problem, but can't find any solutions:

Rington not working...On cm7 2.0.1 - CyanogenMod Forum

Error when opening sounds settings

I just want to be able to get my notifications. I get an LED notification and the vibrate works, but I can't even choose a notification sound without getting a Force Close.

I've done a fresh ROM install, and updated to fresh nightly builds... I don't think it's a nightly build issue since I know everyone out there on a nightly isn't having this issue.

Does someone ANYONE out there have any solutions or tips/tricks that could help?

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I did the CM4DXfix2 zip flash which seems to work for everything it's supposed to. I just can't get notification tones to come up.

I'll try posting there too. I just don't know what I'm going to do if I keep missing these messages and calendar events. I might have to flash to another ROM (or even back to stock) if I can't fix this.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Boot into recovery and wipe data and cache, this will remove all your apps and customization's (you'll need to re flash the AIO)

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap, I think it worked. I wiped the data and reinstalled the ROM time and time again, but that never worked. This seems like it's worked and I can finally edit the notification ringtone for my text messages. I'll be back after I restore my apps to see if it's one of them that's giving me issues...

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll need it.

Yeah, I'm going to do it one app at a time. It's going to take FOREVER since I keep a ton of apps, but I'm going to find out which one is giving me the problem. Waiting for my phone to sync with my Google account for now.

stillborn86

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright. It's been almost a day now. ALL of my apps have been re-installed and I still have my notification sounds. I guess that's why there isn't an answer on how to fix this: There really isn't one.

I've done full ROM reinstalls and factory wipes, but they didn't work before. Now, all of a sudden, a factory reset fixes it and it's still fixed. I don't really know why, but I'm not going to complain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy