Recommend a daily driver please!

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I own a thunderbolt, but just rooted my coworker's DX. I want to put her on a slick daily driver with good battery life.

I love vanilla gingerbread on mine, I was thinking something like CM7, but I only see betas.

Any help is appreciated.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
cm7 is still only beta but some of the releases are still very well finished. However for someone who isn't going to be updating all the time I recommend miui. The newest release is fast and feature rich with very very few errors. Just make sure you are careful when you get install. Miui.us has the newest downloads. Good luck

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
You know I have heard a lot of good things about vortex and for someone who isn't going to be modding a lot it may be easier than miui or cm7.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Shuji and Apex. I like Shuji a lot for the great battery life, but Apex runs a little smoother for me. Apex has good battery life as well.

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the vortex rom, but am unable to get the phone to boot into bootloader. It sticks at the point where the picture of the droid and exclamation point is. Anything I can do?

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Press the power button. That will show the rest of the recovery dialogue. If that doesn't work for some reason try both volume buttons or the camera button. Depends on the version of recovery. If you mean the bootloader then you should be able to just hold volume down and camera while it boots. But that is only useful for sbfing

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm a huge miui fan. Don't think I'd get another device if it didn't support it. And the newest version is very stable. Only thing is installation can be tricky

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
cm7 is still only beta but some of the releases are still very well finished. However for someone who isn't going to be updating all the time I recommend miui. The newest release is fast and feature rich with very very few errors. Just make sure you are careful when you get install. Miui.us has the newest downloads. Good luck

+1

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I would use MIUI every day, except the battery life was significantly worse. Maybe this has been fixed in newer versions. But I do love the amount of customization options with MIUI.

cron912

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I would use MIUI every day, except the battery life was significantly worse. Maybe this has been fixed in newer versions. But I do love the amount of customization options with MIUI.

Battery life has been much better in the last two releases of MIUI.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I threaded w DXC about the battery issue. Alot of us are getting down to near dead, reboot and we are back to anywhere from 30-60 which will last as normal again. This is w stock and extended batteries. He says it is something he is working on.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I forgot I was going to mention the other day that I'm using SSM602 v.3 and its very stable. I use it exclusively right now on my Droid X, and if you didn't know what you were looking for, you would think its stock. But its very quick and comes with a lot of great tools to make the phone run smooth.

[ROM] Sensei-Mod 602 Droid X

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I second this. I used sensi rom on my husbands dx and he is completely not technical...he hasn't had one problem and he get wayyyy better batt then I get on my fassy with a custom rom. He is on it all day from sun up to midnight it is still kickin. When I say not techy...he can't change keyboards. And he wont deal with issues So its a great rom!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I took the plunge last week and put Sensei on my rooted DX.

Loving it so far! 51 Hours+ "On Battery" over the weekend and I'm still at 30% today. I might just root the wife's X and put Sensei on for her as well.

aspeo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I swithched from Shuji Rom 2.5 to CM7.1 on the gingerbread kernel about a week ago mostly because I wanted a little more customization. It's been pretty fast and stable so far, and I'm really enjoying it!

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using CM7-GB for the past month or so, and I'm happy with it. The latest release (Nov 5) seems to be giving me great battery life, and the camera crashes that I had with prior builds are all gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: roberte1342

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair