Real ICS rom for DX?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
So any predictions if/when any devs will make an ICS rom for the DX? Or will the devs move on to newer phones? I will still have my X for at least another 6-8 months and it would be fun to take ICS for a spin.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If anyone does it for the DX it's probably going to be cooked into CM8. Seeing as Cyanogenmod has the largest distribution base of any Android Rom, I think that team will pull it off. It will probably come as a beta/testing Rom but Google has said that anything that runs Gingerbread has the ability to run ICS.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ICS would be CM9 and I've read a few suggestions that it may not be all that long before CM gets it out.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Man the galaxy nexus has already changed the landscape for us X users. Here we are, defying the "newest thing" by looking for those very specs on a device never intended for that purpose. That's awesome to me. The GN threads are literally burning up like lines at Howard's radio show, and I actually feel the "excitement" of it all. Would I be willing to sacrifice this for that, will I know I'm going to be as customizable, etc. If this be the thread, let it be known that I rocked a DX for a happily, happily long time and put things on it that kept me ahead or even with the pack, carriers included.

If 4.0 is built into the Droid X before my upgrade(full)date hits in April '12, I will definately do ICS up on my X with you guys. But, as long as things stay the way they seem to be heading, it will only be until April.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I am still loving the X and I haven't seen anything yet hardware-wise that makes me want to upgrade. BUT, ICS is looking pretty nice. If there are no custom ICS roms for DX, I may have to consider an upgrade in the coming months. I don't officially have an upgrade until next summer, but I think someone on my account does...I'll just steal theirs. lol.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I love my x best phone I had but the nexus is mine on release day :) the x had a good running since launch but its time to part ways.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
A couple of the devs for the HTC Incredible have already gotten it to boot on their phones. I ran it for about 5 min on my Inc. The touchscreen didn't work yet (had to navigate with the trackpad), but it looked gorgeous!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
via @cvpcs
"Got the ICS build box setup tonight and all of my gb dx stuff put in place to start attempting builds."
6 hours ago via Twitter for Android

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea I agree. Not sure how different it can be though since we have the MIUI hybrid. If It wasnt for the brand tagging Im not sure I would know its actually MIUI imho. So that leaves cvpcs to decide to keep ICS blurry or go full bore.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea I agree. Not sure how different it can be though since we have the MIUI hybrid. If It wasnt for the brand tagging Im not sure I would know its actually MIUI imho. So that leaves cvpcs to decide to keep ICS blurry or go full bore.

I'm hoping full bore!! I honestly didn't get Cm7 (looked like all the other blurless roms).

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well at least now we know Ace and @cvpcs are the ones to keep up with

SO to get it straight in my head, Ace will be working on the MIUI ICS hybrid once MIUI China finishes it. His earlier post about waiting on them with the source being released sounded logical

cvpcs will be the one to follow for a straight up ICS ROM, which we are hoping he turns from the Blur version to "our" version?

Skis X

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Where do I install this to get it to work properly and do I need to rename the gb keyboard to make the ics one the new default?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's the .apk of itself. Once you have it saved to your SD card, just go into your SD and select it.
Then go into Settings System Language and Input Settings
Also make sure, do the same in your sms app settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34