Want to root again. Have a question or two.

caucasionj

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Ive been out of the loop for awhile on this site...even had to make a new user name. But anyway i want to get back into rooting and i have a question about my phone. The home key has stopped working for the most part. The light on the key is darker then the rest of my hard keys and i don't know why it just stopped working. I forgot if you needed the home key for anything like flashing roms or stuff like that. I have to hit the back key a thousand times to get out of my browser for example.

aspeo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know you don't need it. When you are in clockwork recovery you use the volume keys to navigate, the camera key to select, and the back key to go back.

Reactions: caucasionj

caucasionj

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok now i want to get back on 340 so i can get on CM7 and all that other cool stuff. I cant find any link or anything that tells me how to get back and what i need to do. Anyone have links or can point me in the right direction?

aspeo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to be on .340 to get CM7 if you'd rather stay on gingerbread. RevNumbers at rootzwiki is developing CM7 on the gingerbread kernel. It's what I've been running for more than a week now, and I haven't had any problems.

Here is the forum with a lot of useful posts in it if you want to check it out. The thread titled: [DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel has the newest build and a link to download it.

EDIT:
If you want CM7 on the froyo kernel (.340) here is the thread with a guide to sbf and install the rom, and all of the links you should need.

Last edited:
Reactions: caucasionj

caucasionj

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Im glad you keep on helping me with this. I cant get root on my phone and i cant get rid of superuser to use the one click root method. Ive tried everything that i can think of. Ive never had this much of a problem trying to root my phone. I still have z4root on my sd card can i use that on .605?

aspeo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you're not rooted already? If you have superuser that should mean that you are rooted, and you won't have to root again. If you are already running a custom rom they come pre-rooted also.

If you want to test to see if you are rooted, you might try downloading a root only app from the market and running it. Titanium backup (free version) is a good one to try, and it's a good utility to have anyway. If you are rooted it will get superuser permission it run fine, if you aren't rooted it won't be able to run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze