1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default First ROM for DX

Here is a question for you experienced tecky's. I recently rooted my DX and got rid of all my bloatware..Felt great !..Now I am thinking about flashing a ROM and trying something new..Any suggestions for a newbie ??..I like to keep it simple but wanted to give my DX a new look.
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Default Re: First ROM for DX

Quote Originally Posted by bcso48 View Post
    Here is a question for you experienced tecky's. I recently rooted my DX and got rid of all my bloatware..Felt great !..Now I am thinking about flashing a ROM and trying something new..Any suggestions for a newbie ??..I like to keep it simple but wanted to give my DX a new look.
    Look up

for beginners and then when your ready something really out there that looks different try this one

(MIUI has been updated to 1.10.21 since video)

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

try them all. play around with a bunch before you get everything setup, then choose from those.

I've tried a lot of roms and by far MIUI is the best hands down. The customization and the feeling of "wow I've really got something special" can't be matched. Maybe not until ICS is dropped but I'm sure MIUI will be updated with that as well. Definitely read the reviews and watch the youtube link Jedi posted before you flash it.

My only two gripes with MIUI are the loss of individual notification dismissal (which will be a standard feature in ICS) and some of the themes I'm really interested in are only available with Chinese font.
    BlackBerry Storm 1 > Droid X 2.2 Liberty/Apex > Droid X2 Rooted GB > Droid X MIUI