Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock Fonts

Okay guys, I unrooted my droid X but while I had it rooted, I changed the fonts with Font Installer. I thought it would all go back to normal after I unrooted (w/petes tool) but the font are still the same. So I booted into recovery and wiped data. Still the same fonts.

any ideas on what I have to do?

My thoughts of what I need to do, I have to root back, go back and download Font Installer again and reset them back to stock fonts, but I dont know what the stock fonts are.....I'm probably way off here but has anyone been in this situation before?

ROM
    CM7.2 IHO BACKside

Default Re: Stock Fonts

As far as I can tell, based on the Absolute System font library, the stock font is called DroidSans. It's labled in Absolute System as DroidSans_Stock_Font. I don't know if that will help. I've not changed my font. I want to, but I am also worried about not being able to go back.

Edit: I've looked into it, If you use Root Tools or Font Installer, both by JRummy, there's a Stock font option. Root Tools has less fonts to sift through to find it. It's looking like you will need to root again, AFAICT.
    Last edited by zajrik; 12-08-2011 at 12:41 AM.

if u download the program (Font Installer after u root your phone). The font is called stock. then unroot your phone. And if it works, as mine did, u will have the stock font back. Then when u get it back, just un-install the font installer. The font is locked on the phone.I rooted my phone and messed it up and found out how to repair it myself after 4 hours. if u have any questions. Hit me up.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyRazr View Post
    if u download the program (Font Installer after u root your phone). The font is called stock. then unroot your phone. And if it works, as mine did, u will have the stock font back. Then when u get it back, just un-install the font installer. The font is locked on the phone.I rooted my phone and messed it up and found out how to repair it myself after 4 hours. if u have any questions. Hit me up.
    This worked thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by xerofire View Post
    This worked thank you so much!
    Hey, Xerofire.. It worked for You .. please help me out..

i changed fonts many times... after getting tired of 'em ... i tried to switch back.. i chose a wrong font.. after the reboot, my lock screen got messed up.. (i use a pattern lock, and those circles are all joined...) like .. now the unlocking area is smaller.. i wish that u understand wat i wanna say .. rpely me for more detail..