Reroot issue

SmoovySmoov

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Droid X owner here. Up until last night, I was rooted and running Liberty 2.0. I was happy with it, but in the past few weeks, I started having problems with apps. I kept getting application update notices, and then when I would click for the app to update, I would get a popup saying "Item not found". I read somewhere that this might be due to the software running on the phone not being able to display newer graphic programs, or something to that effect. One of the apps that was giving me problems was Facebook. Even tried going to it through my web browser and clicking the link that says "Download app" but I would always get "Item not found". So, I tried uninstalling, and downloading it from the Market. Wouldn't even come up in the market. It was about this time I decided I needed a new rom.

Been a while since I downloaded Liberty 2.0, so I wasn't sure what the latest and greatest was. Knew the new builds were called Ice Cream Sandwich, but I didn't know what would be the best for me. Finally saw that there was a Liberty 3.0, so I decided to go with that for starters. Flashed it, and got stuck in a bootloop. Couldn't get to Clockwork Recovery to flash something else, and ultimately had to use a program to flash it back to factory settings just to be able to get it running.

Now, I can't get z4root to reroot it. It gets to "Obtaining root shell" and then it just closes. Can't pull up any of my old apps with Titanium Backup because it's not rooted anymore. Can't overclock it again. Can't remove the ads again. Can't get it to do anything I need it to do because it's not rerooting.

Can anyone help?

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You should try asking your question at Footballguys.
unsure.gif

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01