Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

Default Battery recalibration

I am having an odd issue. I have been trying to recalibrate my battery estimate with no success. I have charged it to full, rebooted into recovery and reset the battery stats, let it run dry and then charge it full again, but I am still aving issues.

Just today my battery was indicating 10% charge. I placed it on my charger and in 2 minutes it was up to 60%. An hour later and I am only at 68%.

I am rooted, running Liberty 3 v2.

Any suggestions?
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3

ROM
    MIUI!!

Default Re: Battery recalibration

Battery may be shot
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I've been monitoring it for a few days. Overall charge/discharge rate seems OK. About 15 hours to discharge and about an hour to charge from 10%. I think it is an issue in how the battery is reporting, not that the battery itself is bad.

I would not have complained except for a few close calls where I suddenly drop from 50% to 20% or less.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Recalbriting the battery does nothing but reset the apps that used it.