Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM 10.1 Unofficial

Default EncounterICS Problems

Okay...I have a bit of an issue here, and I decided to ask some people who are much smarter than I am.

I installed the Droid 2 Bootstrap on my phone (an unbranded Droid X also known as the Milestone X) in order to get into Clockwork. I then installed EncounterICS and the ICS Google Apps APK I found (I think) on XDA Developers. The second I did that, everything went screwy.

For starters, Gmail keeps crashing. I mean, constantly. I get a new message, and it crashes. I check the settings, and it crashes. The only time it doesn't crash is when I open a message, and that's probably due to sheer luck.

It's also not syncing my contacts from Google. It only syncs Gmail (which crashes), and I don't have an Exchange Server to sync from.

My Google Play Store doesn't work, either. I keep getting a Server Error. I did some looking around and found that other people recommended upgrading to 3.5.15 and trying that. So, I do it...and it doesn't work.

At this point, I'm just willing to go back to stock and try a Gingerbread ROM; ICS looks good, but it ain't worth the headache. So, I go to ROM Manager and try to load my backup...no dice. I then go back to the Droid 2 Bootstrap and try getting into Clockwork that way...still nothing. It keeps rebooting instead of loading the Clockwork menu.

I've exhausted everything I can think of, and I'm completely out of ideas, aside from calling C Spire and saying my phone was shattered in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Of course, this would necessitate me actually going to Wal-Mart, but I digress. If anyone can give me a hand, I would really appreciate it.

Just to give an idea of what I have "running":

EncounterICS Beta 3
    gapps-ics-20120317-signed

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: EncounterICS Problems

Try flashing these gapps for encounter

http://tux-head.net/pawitp/gappsv5.1.zip

Also I would recommend dropping encounter and going with CM9 ICS. Really smooth and working camera.

I ran the same encounter ics beta. I had the same problem with not being able to get back to clockwork recovery. Sbf back to stock. You can give cm9 beta a try as well. It runs pretty smooth and it's still being supported.

Hold power button click reboot then recovery. When it boots up look for the green/blue light to come on. It only comes on for a second. The hit the power button. Use volume to move down to stable recovery power button to select. Then use the volume buttons to scroll and the camera button to select.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CM 10.1 Unofficial

Quote Originally Posted by BigCrisco39 View Post
    Hold power button click reboot then recovery. When it boots up look for the green/blue light to come on. It only comes on for a second. The hit the power button. Use volume to move down to stable recovery power button to select. Then use the volume buttons to scroll and the camera button to select.
    Do I hit the power button when I see the light or when it cuts off? I've tried between flashes and immediately when it turns off with the same result: the Encounter splash screen and booting to a broken ICS.

I had to get an Xperia PLAY to hold me over until I get this one fixed properly; the Xperia's okay, but I miss my gigantic garage door opener of a phone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CM 10.1 Unofficial

Quote Originally Posted by lions80 View Post
    I ran the same encounter ics beta. I had the same problem with not being able to get back to clockwork recovery. Sbf back to stock. You can give cm9 beta a try as well. It runs pretty smooth and it's still being supported.
    I don't know how to SBF back to stock. How would I do that? I'll try just about anything now.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CM 10.1 Unofficial

Aaaaaaaaaand, I think I finally killed it.

Figured out how to get into Bootloader and SBF, but now it won't go any further than the error screen. In fact, the exact error is:

Bootloader
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F.

MEM_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

I get this when I SBF through Windows and Linux. I've tried whatever version of the software I could find, and it doesn't like it at all. So...I quit.

you didnt kill it... load into bootloader and flash stock sdf file from rsd lite