Help needed with Rooting issues, Any Droid X pros left?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully there are still some people that still tinker with this phone. I am having an issue and am looking for some answers, hopefully they will be simple ones.

Had a Droid X on .621 not rooted. Wanted to root the phone so i used the method below.

Noob Friendly Verizon Root and CM7 ROM Guide for Droid X .621 OTA Update

Using this guide i have successfully Flashed the .604 milestone file, Rooted the .604. Then flashed the CM7 file listed. I want to switch over to liberty or another solid ROM. CM7 seems a little buggy.

But when i flashed the Liberty ROM after flashing and rooting the milestone .604 it bricked the phone. Went as far as installing liberty, but then booted to the bootloader on the reboot after install, no farther. This forced me to re-sbf the milestone rom. When i tried to load CM7 thats listed in the write up it loaded fine.

Did this happen because i was trying to flash from the milestone ROM? Should i have flashed from CM7? Has something been changed on the phone so it wont work with certain roms?

This is the version of liberty i tried to install over milestone:

[ROM] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

I have not tried to flash over Cm7, so maybe that will work? Or maybe im trying to flash the wrong version? Any help would be appreciated as i am stuck with a phone in bad shape.

Thanks in advance.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not certain Liberty works over .604, you might try the reloaded version of Vortex, there's a specific file for installing on DXs with 604 & 621. The author of this is also working on remaking Liberty to install over 604 & 621so you may want to follow the thread. I've been running the Reloaded Vortex for over a week and liking it. Battery life as always is stout with this ROM:

[ROM] VorteX Reloaded (VXR) Now working with .621! - Droid X Development - RootzWiki

[ROM] VorteX Reloaded (VXR) Now working with .621! - Droid X Development - RootzWiki

Reactions: kca2000

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not certain Liberty works over .604, you might try the reloaded version of Vortex, there's a specific file for installing on DXs with 604 & 621. The author of this is also working on remaking Liberty to install over 604 & 621so you may want to follow the thread. I've been running the Reloaded Vortex for over a week and liking it. Battery life as always is stout with this ROM:

Thank you for the quick reponse. I appreciate the links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech