Bricked Milestone X

YellowHawk

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry my first post is for a problem...I've been lurking and reading for awhile, just not posting. I have a Milestone X from CSpire. It was on Android 2.3.5, .602. I had it rooted and tried to flash Liberty 3 rom. I guess something went wrong and it didn't work because I ended up stuck at the bootloader screen. I could still get to the stock recovery by holding down the home and power button and then using the volume keys. I did some more reading and was not successful in finding a good .sbf file for CSpire to flash back to stock ROM. I tried one I found and I am still stuck at the bootloader screen, only now I can't get to recovery. I have the MEM_BLANK line on there now.
I have a replacement phone so I'm not in a bind but I would like to recover this phone, or at least get some OS flashed to it so I can use it on wi-fi or for an IPOD....something besides a paperweight. Is it even possible now? I thought about trying to flash a Verizon .sbf just to get it up and running. I know it won't work on the cs network anymore, but that would be okay if that's my only option. Anyone have any suggestions?

mansirb

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I too have a Milestone X from C-Spire, and since it had received the OTA update to the .621 sbf I have been unable to flash back to anything remotely satisfying.

Here are the Milestons .sbf's
https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/milestone-x-sbf-files

You will need RSD Lite, but I think you are already with it since you are getting to the bootloader screens.

You may have some success with one of those files if you havent done the OTA upgrade.

In Fact I have only been able to successfully flash the Verizon .621 sbf onto my device, since I cannot find the Cspire .621 sbf anywhere. It worked fine on wifi until I did a factory reset, and now it is stuck at the activation screen and the Verizon Operator comes on when I attempt to activate. It thinks it's a true-blue droid-x now. I may try to sign it up on a monthly plan just to see if it will work.

nmDXaddict

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Question for you guys:

I have a Verizon Droid X which I rooted via the Unix live CD method which has now made my phone a Milestone X on 2.3.5.

If I use the above link for the .621 SBF will this revert my phone back to the Verizon Droid X version?

This was the first time I ever rooted the phone but was wondering if this is best way to revert it back to a Verizon Droid X if I ever want to try and sell it non-rooted. Am I basically stuck on the milestone x version now?

On a unrelated rooting question, do you have problems with music player rebooting the phone? had this problem constantly before the .621 update on verizon and now have it happening again now that I'm rooted.

Thanks!