If I root my phone can I make the ringer volume louder?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
See I don't know about this...

I've read about these "hacks" to increase volume, seen the app and everything, but my IT side tells me this is not such a good thing...

If the speaker is only so loud at max volume, hate to say it but thats the peak of the speaker. When you start forcing higher db through it to beyond what its designed to run, you start to run the risk of blowing it. Probably not very likely in a cell phone speaker, but if we're talking like a 50% increase in db volume, I'd say thats not the healthiest thing to do to a piece of hardware lol

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
See I don't know about this...

I've read about these "hacks" to increase volume, seen the app and everything, but my IT side tells me this is not such a good thing...

If the speaker is only so loud at max volume, hate to say it but thats the peak of the speaker. When you start forcing higher db through it to beyond what its designed to run, you start to run the risk of blowing it. Probably not very likely in a cell phone speaker, but if we're talking like a 50% increase in db volume, I'd say thats not the healthiest thing to do to a piece of hardware lol

I actually agree with you but, I just need it a little bit louder. I am out on job sites everyday and I just can't quite hear the phone ring. I think I would be willing to take the risk.

kdkinc

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I also had the ring tone issue so I created a louder mp3 for a ring tone.(tarzan)
works alot better.
MoTo's ringtones are just decibel deprived IMHO.