Dm updater

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering i rooted my x with the dm updater and now i can't remove root and get it back to stock i need to take the phone into the store. I wiped it but the supsruser is still there and the phone is still rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering i rooted my x with the dm updater and now i can't remove root and get it back to stock i need to take the phone into the store. I wiped it but the supsruser is still there and the phone is still rooted.

I haven't used DM Updater to root but I did hear that there was an option to return to stock. I take it you've tried that? If so, what message are you getting?

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
There is no option to restore from the dmupdater app and a wipe don't fix it either

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
No i was thinking about that you thi.m if i just used the unroot i would work? I think ill try that.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've rooted and unrooted a couple times just to test the different methods. I rooted using ADB, and then successfully unrooted using ADB. I then rooted using the on device terminal and then tried to unroot using the GUI Droid X Root Program for Windows and it didn't unroot for me for some reason. I then had to unroot using the ADB method and that was unsuccessful so if all else fails, you could try that and I could try to help you out there also.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep it worked didn't the first time but it worked i then rooted and unrooted with no problems now my screen issues seemed to have stopped since the restore so all is good thanks dude.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No problem!

That's great to hear. Things can get a little scary when rooting a device this new with no .sbf file.

I'd keep an eye on the screen issues though since something like that shouldn't have anything to do with root.

scotth45

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah after the wipe it seems to have stopped so far im glad to i didn't want to deal with trying to get a new phone lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon