Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bootloader crack a near future possibility...

This could be amazing.

Thoughts?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post

This could be amazing.

Thoughts?
    That sure would be nice. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

I wonder how much they spent on it. Here's hoping it truly is a way to unlock the bootloader, and not JUST froyo, even though that would be nice. Especially with talk of a september release.
    Last edited by c4v3man; 08-08-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Lol, in the 10 hours since you posted their link, they already met their goal... Heres to the amazing android community!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Poblano View Post
    Lol, in the 10 hours since you posted their link, they already met their goal... Heres to the amazing android community!
    Wow! That was quick. Hope we get some good news. If this thing is crackable, these dudes will crack it.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Now that they have the dev X, what exactly do they do with it??? I am assuming they go into the system files and copy the code which pertains to the bootloader image? Is it a matter of their simply knowing how the code is written, and then write this code into an app or set of instructions that can be executed?
    Or is this way too simplified of an assumption? Not being a programmer, I'm just curious what they do. I'm trying to picture these guys sitting around a table with the phone on the table in front of them...saying "ok, NOW let's see what we've got???" !!!!!
    Droid Charge
    There is nothing constant but change.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what they'll do with it too but, I wouldn't know where to start lol. Then again these are the guys who gave us root so I'm sure they'll figure something out
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,517 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

AllDroid (AllDroid)

We have a Droid X with Froyo running on it and FULL ROOT (including working su). More to come as it's available. (please RT)

16:24 Aug 9th from web

Very interesting! Officially following them on Twitter

+1 to the guys at Alldroid! However... is anyone else worried that 2.2 is giving a quadrant of ~800? Didn't Froyo make the N1 go from 600 to 1400 or something crazy like that? Maybe I've just been overly optimistic...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Poblano View Post
    +1 to the guys at Alldroid! However... is anyone else worried that 2.2 is giving a quadrant of ~800? Didn't Froyo make the N1 go from 600 to 1400 or something crazy like that? Maybe I've just been overly optimistic...
    They also said that the possible reason for the low score was due to JIT being off.

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    They also said that the possible reason for the low score was due to JIT being off.
    Check out the update. It's up to 1500 now.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tm2367 View Post
    Yessir! 1558 and they say flash is running better than the Droid with Froyo. This is going to be SWEET!

1558! Hell yeah.. can't wait....

Quote Originally Posted by tm2367 View Post
    Thats MUCH better! Now for that bootloader crack... (Honestly I'd have paid an extra 100 for an X that wasn't locked down)

where is this info getting posted at guys?

alldroid.org mainly, as well as birdman's twitter feed, and rootzwiki twitter feed.

I'm excited that birdman was able to get a custom recovery running...

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Looks like the bootloader might have been cracked.

They didn't crack the bootloader, they just circumvented it.

Progress nonetheless

Meanwhile, Birdman's twitter's gone missing and @alldroid posted this yesterday, so who knows:
    Looks like @koush is about to prove our time a waste unless it turns out we have a better method. Since he didn't want to work together ...
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by javroch View Post
    Meanwhile, Birdman's twitter's gone missing and @alldroid posted this yesterday, so who knows:

They've been working on a custom recovery method since they got this dev phone, meanwhile koush has been doing his own this whole time. He didn't want to work with birdman or rainabba and now he's got his own thing possibly releasing soon (he was first to release pictures with proof of concept) and I get the feeling Alldroid team is a little upset about it. Sorta a bad situation...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

But their little friendly (unfriendly?) competition is good for us users.

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    But their little friendly (unfriendly?) competition is good for us users.
    It is, but a collaboration could also benefit us. Someone will do it.

if kush does the recovery, doesn't that mean all we have to do is download rom manager to flash the recovery?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast