1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Default [How-To] Reinstall Bloatware with 'System Application' Properties

So, you've rooted, deleted bloatware, and now need to put it back on there so that you'll be able to get the 2.2 (Froyo) update. Here's what to do...

1. Download (if you haven't already, BTW, it's great to have with root) --->
    2. Download any of the files that you deleted here. --->
    3. Put these files (.apk) on your SD card
    4. Copy (or move) the files (.apk) to /system/app (you will need to make /system/app writable wo while in Root Explorer press the R/W key when you're in the /system/app directory).
    5. Once you have the file (.apk) in /system/app, click the app and install it.
    6. Now is where the magic happens. The application has been installed but your device won't think it's a system app until you change the permissions. In Root Explorer, long press (hold) on the app (while in /system/app) and click 'permissions'. Then change the permissions by checking only these boxes: User Read, User Write, Group Read, Others Read.
    7. Repeat as necessary. (Hopefully you didn't delete TOO many)
    8. When you're done make /system/app read only again by clicking the same box as before (in Root Explorer) at the top right while you're in the /system/app folder.
    9. Reboot.
    10. Done.

credit to: humungus over at androidforums
    Last edited by avlfive; 08-16-2010 at 12:17 AM.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by 4:

I cant get the weatherwidgit.apk to load.... is there another place to get that file? or do I need to somehow download the odex also?

Could you please explain step 4,i cant seem to get the 3 apps i deleted into root explorer. Thanks

go to "system", and click R/W at the top right corner. next click on "app" and do the same.
    either hit parent folder or back key till you are at the root again. scroll down to "sdcard" and then to wherever you put the downloaded apps. Long press on each one one at a time and select copy. hit parent folder or back key on phone and navigate to "system" again. then click on "app" again. press paste in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Rinse and repeat. Hope this helps.

i cant install yahoo contacts on my x2 it always fails no matter what i trying to such as copying with and without the odex and installing without the file caopied into system apps any advice?

Default Re: [How-To] Reinstall Bloatware with 'System Application' Proper

sorry for being late to the party, but i need to do the new update for my phone, and when i try to reinstall dlna.apk, it tries to install it, but it keeps saying "application not installed" any advice?

Default Re: [How-To] Reinstall Bloatware with 'System Application' Proper

A whole lotta thanx buddy