Going back to 2.1, who's with me?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I too am going back to 2.1, for safety concerns. I know its not a big deal, I just want the official when it is released. To those who are considering going back, just make sure you follow the directions. I noticed I had different driver versions which caused things to not work as they should.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Yep! just happened to me. Boot the phone in the recovery mode, (Hold home then power), use volume down to go to clear cache, then clear all user data (factory reset). You should be good then.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yep! just happened to me. Boot the phone in the recovery mode, (Hold home then power), use volume down to go to clear cache, then clear all user data (factory reset). You should be good then.

Let us know if this works for you too. It should. It happened to me last night too and that's what fixed it.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Also I downloaded the .604 update.zip file and ran that in recovery as well. You may have to do that. Man it scared the heck out of me, thought I had bricked it!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

THANK YOU!!! worked great. just stinks i got to add all my stuff again. busy night in the market. :p

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I am not rooted and went from 2.2 to 2.1 update 1 and everything worked okay except i cannot activate my phone. I have tried *228 option 1 and *22899. Any idea's.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Is Verizon down? I tried to program my daughters env touch and programming was unsuccessful.

edit: Verizon finally came back online. Great time for them to do maintenance. Gave me a bit of a scare. My wife would be a little irritated with me if I already screwed this phone up.

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is Verizon down? I tried to program my daughters env touch and programming was unsuccessful.

edit: Verizon finally came back online. Great time for them to do maintenance. Gave me a bit of a scare. My wife would be a little irritated with me if I already screwed this phone up.

Verizon still seems to be down for me. :(

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're having trouble activating your Droid X after an SBF flash and Factory Reset just give it time. It's on Verizon's end not your phone being bricked.

Also if you're stuck at the Activate screen here's what you do. Tap the screen in the four corners like this:

(1)......................(2)
.............:cool:............
(4)......................(3)

Emergency.....Activate
(________)....(______)

Tap the corners in that order and it will allow you to bypass the activation menu and use Wifi until Verizon is back online and you can simply open your phone Dialer and type in *228 and press option 1. It will go through, trust me. No phone calls to CS necessary. Just give it time.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
based on my experience, if you flash the sbf, hard reset/wipe, root, apply the update.zip, hard reset/wipe, you should not have any issues at all. If you fail to hard reset/wipe before and after flashing the ROM, expect to have issues.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Verizon was down last night. While trying to activate, I ended up talking to someone that told me to try in the morning. So I bypassed the Green Droid screen and set up all my apps over WiFi and then just activated in the AM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2