Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Going back to 2.1, who's with me?

I'm sure there's a few of you out there that are wondering if the 2.2 leak is worth it, and the only way you'll find out for sure is if you try it.

That being said, I did... and I'm going back to 2.1 until the official release of 2.2

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of it. But for some reason my phone didn't like it. The only way I could get the phone to boot after shutting it down was to leave the battery out for an hour or so and then put it back in. I have no idea why it would be doing that.

Another reason is the market. For those of you who might be having trouble finding some of your apps to re-install them, it seems that the market doesn't recognize the 2.2 leak as "valid" and thus hides apps that are copy protected (or something like it). Try searching for Calorie Counter on an X with the 2.2 leak. You won't see the one by Fat Secret for example, among a 1/2 dozen others. I only cite this example because it's one I know of for sure, but there's other message boards with people not being able to get the apps they paid for.

The big thing I was looking forward to was Flash but it seems that's not worth my troubles for the time being. I can wait a few weeks (hopefully) for the real release.

I'm not saying "OMG 2.2 iz teh suxorz" or anything, I'm just saying that I've tried it and it's a bit buggy still. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go put on some flame ******ant gear just in case this gets a bit rowdy.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

lol, i dont think youre gonna get flamed up for this opinion. as far as i am concerned, the 2.2 update adds 2 things that i want: the JIT, and flash. everything else is just gravy. i probably am going to wait and see what everyone finds with this new update before i commit to downloading it. kinda bummed that they disabled the ability to not have a swipe lock, though i can always go download no locif i need to
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

How do you plan on going back? Just curious.

I'm not. I'm loving me some Froyo right meow.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

I understand your reasons and I also wonder just what will happen when the "official" OTA 2.2 drops in a few weeks. Will those of us with the leaked version be scrambling to get back to "stock" or will we be able to upgrade OTA regardless?

How exactly do you roll back to 2.1 anyway? I'd like to know I have that option also.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I used the SBF file and re-flashed it, it's not to hard really. There's a few sites out there with instructions and links to the files/tools to do it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

So you had 2.2 installed, and then went and flashed the .sbf for 2.1, .604 and all went well?

That's good to know just in case we need to for the future.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

ive done about 5 times tonight. till i finally was happy and figured how to get root and 2.2. and all is good
    Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    So you had 2.2 installed, and then went and flashed the .sbf for 2.1, .604 and all went well?

That's good to know just in case we need to for the future.
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Noice!

So that's always a fallback if need be.

Thanks guys for letting us know.

help please i got rsd i have the sbf it reconizes my device and when i press start it say internal error what did i do wrong i unzipped the sbf im in bootloader please help!!! the update worked for me but my market wont work now keeps saying sever error retry or cancel now trying to get back to stock kinda new at this i was never rooted just updated using astro

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I am having no issues with 2.2 thus far. All of my apps auto updated after installing froyo and I have not had any bugs yet.

The first boot up was slow and the first few mins of operation were laggy, after that its been buttery smooth.

What if you're not rooted on 2.2? How do you roll back to 2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    What if you're not rooted on 2.2? How do you roll back to 2.1?
    Subscribing to this, i'd like to know the same thing

PLEASE HELP, 2.2 IS THE WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE! PHONE RUNS HOT, WILL NOT MOUNT TO PC, SIMPLY BAD BAD BAD MOVE WHEN YOU FIND OUT HOW TO GET BACK TO 2.1 PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

There's a post about the SBF in this sub forum, with a link to the instructions. I had a little trouble with it at first... you need to have your X in bootloader mode before you plug it in and use the flashing program. Otherwise it won't complete correctly.

To get to bootloader mode, power the phone off then press the power button while holding the camera button and volume down.

Sorry to hear about the problems people are having. Mine is working without issue. There is close to zero risk of bricking the phone if you are on the fence. If you don't like it you can go back relatively easily. I was bored last night and decided to go back to pristine copy of 2.1 then do the upgrade to 2.2. The only sticky part was the loss of protected apps. But the is a quick fix for that.

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP, Stock

It's really easy to reflash to .604, I did it last night so I could have a fresh install of Froyo.

Followed the instructions here: Droid X

I'm loving Froyo, but I really hope a post upgrade root method becomes available soon. Seems there are some bugs with rooting pre Froyo so I didn't want to do that.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvoRocker View Post
    It's really easy to reflash to .604, I did it last night so I could have a fresh install of Froyo.

Followed the instructions here: Droid X

I'm loving Froyo, but I really hope a post upgrade root method becomes available soon. Seems there are some bugs with rooting pre Froyo so I didn't want to do that.
    This does work. I did it last night also but as far as having bugs with my rooted 2.2, I haven't had any. I'm absolutely loving it.

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP, Stock

^Autostarts running perfectly? I can't find Tapatalk in my Market
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Get Eris market fix in market it worked on my x.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoRocker View Post
    ^Autostarts running perfectly? I can't find Tapatalk in my Market
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Use the sbf fix works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolphe View Post
    Subscribing to this, i'd like to know the same thing

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharged

Here is the thread in this forum that I created I am going to update it a little now on the first post

http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...d-x-sbf-3.html

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I too am going back to 2.1, for safety concerns. I know its not a big deal, I just want the official when it is released. To those who are considering going back, just make sure you follow the directions. I noticed I had different driver versions which caused things to not work as they should.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

i just tried going back and now my phone wont go past the red eye. just keeps repeating droid and red eye in a cycle. Anyone got a fix.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Yep! just happened to me. Boot the phone in the recovery mode, (Hold home then power), use volume down to go to clear cache, then clear all user data (factory reset). You should be good then.
    Thanked by 2:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    Yep! just happened to me. Boot the phone in the recovery mode, (Hold home then power), use volume down to go to clear cache, then clear all user data (factory reset). You should be good then.
    Let us know if this works for you too. It should. It happened to me last night too and that's what fixed it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast