Rooters please answer

warp

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock X but rooted already.

Now after you guys remove the bloatware & motoblur and use setcpu, how does your phone run? Basically how does your rooted phone run compared to stock after removing all the bloat and tweaking?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You're not going to see a difference removing bloatware, and you cannot remove Blur unless you use a custom rom. As for using setCPU, you won't see a performance improvement even if you set it to performance mode and minimum speed is 1Ghz.

So basically it runs exactly the same.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Also I tried setcpu and didn't see much. I think that is because the X is already using same set up. And that is why battery last longer

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think my X runs any faster, but with SetCPU and AutoKiller (not ATK), I do go to bed at midnight with 20 to 40% battery left, where I was having to recharge around 4 or 5 PM before running those root apps. I can also run Titanium Backup now to get a complete phone/apps/settings backup, which I wasn't able to do before rooting.

Forgot to mention...I didn't delete any of the bloatware. What's the point? You've got more than enough memory on this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781