Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Rooters please answer

I have a stock X but rooted already.

Now after you guys remove the bloatware & motoblur and use setcpu, how does your phone run? Basically how does your rooted phone run compared to stock after removing all the bloat and tweaking?

You're not going to see a difference removing bloatware, and you cannot remove Blur unless you use a custom rom. As for using setCPU, you won't see a performance improvement even if you set it to performance mode and minimum speed is 1Ghz.

So basically it runs exactly the same.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Also I tried setcpu and didn't see much. I think that is because the X is already using same set up. And that is why battery last longer

I don't think my X runs any faster, but with SetCPU and AutoKiller (not ATK), I do go to bed at midnight with 20 to 40% battery left, where I was having to recharge around 4 or 5 PM before running those root apps. I can also run Titanium Backup now to get a complete phone/apps/settings backup, which I wasn't able to do before rooting.

Forgot to mention...I didn't delete any of the bloatware. What's the point? You've got more than enough memory on this phone.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/