doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
DLing now also and will report tomorrow.

RT @_mrbirdman_ v0.1 RC1 will just be some standard optimizations, the major changes will come with later versions...

From Steven Bird

To quote koush in his droidx recovery release..."this was a *****"
To install, YOU MUST HAVE THE 2.2 LEAK INSTALLED
Use clockworkmod recovery
v0.1 includes OptiPNG optimized apk's
Deodexed Busybox
Updated Superuser.apk (credits to chainsdd)
Removed 3g hotspot Kindle (market app)
Blockbuster (bankrupt company)
EMERGENCY (dial 911 for emergency's...dont screw around with an app)
My Verizon (bad market app)
Maps (market app)
Voice search (market app)
Swype (removed for their constant anger towards rom devs)
Skype (market app)
Download from Rom manager now

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
So how is it? I haven't tinkered with my phone in a while. Quadrant scores?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rockee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Most of us have all this besides the compressed images. I ran it for a while and I didn't notice anything special. This is just alpha so I'm sure more is in store.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ah I assumed with it not being in the market and the beta being closed you wouldn't be able to just add it back in...

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm running it because he's going to play around with it more and I'll just upgrade when he does. Keep in mind that this is just the first RC. I'm still using it now and just froze a few additional apps and services with Titanium.

If you were using the leaked deodexed version before and removed bloat yourself, you probably won't notice much of a difference, yet.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Noticed update with option to add swype. In rom manager. And boot screen is cool update I was hoping the market would be fixed. Guess not still needed Eris market fix

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Has this been updated? I'm tempted to load it tonight, what are the benefits? Quadrant scores?

From his website stephenbird.info and I don't know about quadrant. I haven't ran it. It's just numbers anyways.

Well after the RC went out, bugs flew everywhere...here are the changes to this version. :)

* Search button fixed
* Voice Search now included
* Phone as Modem option enabled (in usb modes) (UNTESTED!) & in windows, it asks for drivers, if you make it farther than that, let me know. (if this option leads to nothing after this release, ill remove it)
* nodev and nosuid removed from mount_ext3.sh
* Superuser.apk and su updated to the newest versions (2.3.5 creds to chainsdd) & the new version allows you to check for updates from the apk!
* Bootanimation by @wjddesigns
* Easter Egg notification :)

A Seperate swype.apk will be available tomorrow via rom manager, for now download it from here -

IF YOU INSTALLED RC1, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WIPE DATA (gift to early adopters).

Available in rom manager now!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Feels fine. Not too much is different than what I was running before since I froze all the bloat with Titanium Backup anyways. If it's any quicker, I can't really tell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power