[HELP]+[WARNING] Uh-Oh...

1xmattx1

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay, Well after Reading this article No Path To Official DROIDX Update Coming From Motorola For Leaked 2.2 Users. I would Like to Revert Back to the default 2.1

The only thing is I'm having trouble find the files needed. I have a guide.... just not RSD Lite and the .sbf

Also When Doing this What things will I have to do after?

Re-activiate?
Download all apps.
Re-do settings.

Is there anyway I can back up my settings so when I flash back i can just restore settings etc?

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you like the leak? If so, why not keep it until the official update? I'm guessing that shortly after the update is released there will be an upgrade path for you. And if not, you can always downgrade then.

1xmattx1

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you like the leak? If so, why not keep it until the official update? I'm guessing that shortly after the update is released there will be an upgrade path for you. And if not, you can always downgrade then.

Very True, But still. What Will I have to do or redo after the flash?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you will have to redownload all your apps, and resetup your phone as the sbf process will wipe the handset.

it really doesn't take all that long to do.

you're also going to lose your texts

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
you will have to redownload all your apps, and resetup your phone as the sbf process will wipe the handset.

it really doesn't take all that long to do.

you're also going to lose your texts

So making an appbrain account with all of my installed apps might be a good idea then. And the paid for apps will still work since they were bought through Google Checkout right?

I didnt want to revert back to 2.1 as the leaked 2.2 is working fine for me but official is always better IMO.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So making an appbrain account with all of my installed apps might be a good idea then. And the paid for apps will still work since they were bought through Google Checkout right?

I didnt want to revert back to 2.1 as the leaked 2.2 is working fine for me but official is always better IMO.

That would work and so would using the application "Titanium Backup".

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If you put a leaked 2.2 on your phone you obviously know the risk and how to put another update on your phone other than OTA... :yawn:

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Birdman's latest tweet says it all:
Dear Moto, thank you for sparing us the trouble of dodging your 2.2 froyo update and making it easy to stay rooted...Much love - Steven.

ufish2

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I used cobyd94 guide on youtube..has files listed you will need and his 2 part video walked me right back to 2.1 with no problems..big thanks to him..now rooted and running 2.1..time to move root and reflash 2.2 lol :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers