FlyX/Tranq. opinions

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So as most have seen, I like 2.1. I LOVE undervolting. So I have a dilemma. I have been driving myself crazy for the last week or so trying to talk myself into staying with 2.1. I see everyone try out these new ROMs and I can't stand not trying it out myself. So the issue isn't how, or even whether I might screw something up- but I'm not sure I can live without my amazing battery life. As is stands, My battery makes it through the whole day with moderate use at 70%. It'll stand heavy use no problem. I've even streamed Pandora for my commute (2 hours round trip) with internet and everything else and still can't kill my battery in a day; and as it stands, undervolting doesn't work with 2.2.
So. Is FlyX worth it? Not that the normal battery life is bad (its really not), but I've gotten awfully used to never worrying about running out of juice. Are there enough benefits to the new ROMs to give up that one thing holding me to 2.1?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd say no definitely not. Basically heres what you're looking at benefit/cost wise:

+ 2.2 and all its goodies
+ Easy mode for removing Blur and bloatware

- Lose overclock/undervolt
- Can just as easily remove bloat on 2.1
- 2.2, regardless of what some gifted few say, is buggy.

So if overclock/undervolt is mega important to you, which it sounds like, and you don't care for Flash (basically the only real hard benefit to going to Froyo) then stick with 2.1 and wait it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol