1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Default Looking for 1-click 2.2 (VZW release) rooting

Looking for a 1-click rooting app for the 2.2 OTA.

Post links to various resources here as they become available. Thnx!
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Default Re: Looking for 1-click 2.2 (VZW release) rooting

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/22/how-to-root-droid-x-running-official-android-2-2/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/22/how-to-root-droid-x-running-official-android-2-2/

Thanks for this, definitely in the right direction but not quite yet "1-click" for those wanting ease of root/unroot via an app. Keep it coming!

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I'm gonna wait for easy root. But thanks for the tip.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Lol@ not only wanting easy root but also wanting to have it delivered to this particular thread. I guess the only way it could be easier would be to dl easy root and bring it to your house and root it for you.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Or you could mail it out... just send return postage please. Root is not hard anyway you do it. I would just wait for a way to fix it first if you mess it up.

Gotta love people who want 1-click root, then they don't do any research and when some OTA update comes, their phone bricks.

I would highly suggest to learn how your phone works.. root it the long way. Step up to the plate.. if you can't root it the long way, I wouldn't even recommend rooting it to begin with because you're just going to biff up the phone eventually.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Gotta love people who want 1-click root, then they don't do any research and when some OTA update comes, their phone bricks.

I would highly suggest to learn how your phone works.. root it the long way. Step up to the plate.. if you can't root it the long way, I wouldn't even recommend rooting it to begin with because you're just going to biff up the phone eventually.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I want one click root is so I can also have one click unroot when an OTA does come up. Why make things harder on yourself when you can just root and unroot with one click?

Because users who want the easy way out, are also the SAME users that come on here and complain and moan and say "2.2 screwed up my phone!"

When in reality, it wasn't 2.2, it was the end users who didn't research what they were doing and just wanted to 1-click root, and do things the easy way.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

i 1 click root because i can lol and im lazy plus i dont understand all the computer language but what i can do is donate and swipe a credit card i am very good at those things so come up with a way and i will pay....just sayin lol
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by We_Ready View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else, but the reason I want one click root is so I can also have one click unroot when an OTA does come up. Why make things harder on yourself when you can just root and unroot with one click?
    +1
    Same here. Though I well understand rooting and all that entails, I'd rather have the ease of 1-click root/unroot. With patience, no need to work from "scratch" and take advantage of the great work of others and their modules/apps, which I've happily and generously donated $$.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Because users who want the easy way out, are also the SAME users that come on here and complain and moan and say "2.2 screwed up my phone!"

When in reality, it wasn't 2.2, it was the end users who didn't research what they were doing and just wanted to 1-click root, and do things the easy way.
    I understand where you're coming from, plenty of etards out there.
    But, I tend to think that a 1-click root/unroot app is safer than an etard at a command line

The 1-2-3 method is pretty easy but a pain to make it work sometimes.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Has anyone tried this method?

And it has an unroot method also!

I used that method and it is very easy. From start to finish it took me about an hour, most of which was download time for everything involved. Once everything was downloaded and I felt comfortable doing it, it took all of 5 minutes. It is very easy and worked flawlessly. There is even a youtube video out there that was helpful.

I'm waiting for a 1-click easyroot like method also. I'm comfortable hacking with my phone, but I'm also very busy atm, and all I want to do is rename a couple of bloatware apks and be able to use setCPU, while also easily going back when updates come out, etc.

If not having the time atm to set up the SDK makes me an etard, then so be it, but I'll also happily donate to a finished product that saves me some time.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Anybody try this one?

Thanks

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CpTChucky View Post
    Has anyone tried this method?

And it has an unroot method also!
    I do not see where it has an unroot method also

Quote Originally Posted by tduffysd View Post
    I do not see where it has an unroot method also
    According to the thread there is apparently a tested unroot as well. I may still wait a bit, it doesn't look as polished as the previous 1-click (which to me translates as: greater chance I'll have to waste additional time in the event that something goes wrong). If no one gets around to it I'll probably use a mroe traditional method in November when I should have more free time.

What is so hard about the one click that we have stickied here?

I went from unprepared to downloaded to rooted in about 5 minutes. With maybe 5 clicks of my mouse and no typing?

Heathro can you do it again and make a you tube video of it so i can figure it out lol please