***TBH announces Droid X 2.2 System SBF and RSDLite 4.8***

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Question, I downloaded all the necessary files from Rootzwiki; the lastest USB drivers from Moto, downloaded Rsdlite 4.8 and the Froyo 2.2 SBF file. When I tried to install Rsdlite before plugging in my phone to run the SBF in bootloader mode, the computer told me that I had to make sure I had the latest USB drivers, which I did have. To make sure the drivers worked I plugged my MDX into my PC and it located the phone fine. I just wondering what is going on that is preventing me from flashing my phone back to stock. Any ideas or replies to fix this problem are definitely appreciated.

Also, I have the TBH app downloaded onto my phone. Could I use Bootstrapper recovery, and download the SBF from the list of files and then boot into recovery. Followed by reinstalling the 2.2 stock back onto the phone?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Question, I downloaded all the necessary files from Rootzwiki; the lastest USB drivers from Moto, downloaded Rsdlite 4.8 and the Froyo 2.2 SBF file. When I tried to install Rsdlite before plugging in my phone to run the SBF in bootloader mode, the computer told me that I had to make sure I had the latest USB drivers, which I did have. To make sure the drivers worked I plugged my MDX into my PC and it located the phone fine. I just wondering what is going on that is preventing me from flashing my phone back to stock. Any ideas or replies to fix this problem are definitely appreciated.

Also, I have the TBH app downloaded onto my phone. Could I use Bootstrapper recovery, and download the SBF from the list of files and then boot into recovery. Followed by reinstalling the 2.2 stock back onto the phone?

You got 4 different usb settings there, its gonna ask for each one of them settings. If you know you got the drivers in there just ignore/cancel it and continue.

Them SBF Zip files from TBH were meant to be extracted in your computer to use via RSD Lite, NOT bootstrap....wish it was that easy,it's not. Open the zip files on your computer and save to a well known location. Then when you open rsdlite you will browse for the sbf file and open it. Hopefully if you turned on USB Debugging from settings/Applications/Development, your phone will be recognized to the left there on your RSD LITE app. just launch and watch the magic happen.

PS: make sure your USB Connection is on Windows Media sync or Pcmode.

Reactions: SuperChargedJ

qwerty1

Banned
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So I have rubiX 1.8.6 on my phone, system version 2.3.20 (OTA), and I want to upgrade to the latest Apex release. So I can flash this 2.2 SBF on my phone, do the OTA updates, re-root it with zroot, and then bootstrap Apex on to it.

Let me know if I am missing anything here, like if I need to flash to 2.1 first and then re-OTA to 2.2, or if the root remains even after OTA to .340.

Thanks for humoring a noob.

edit: or perhaps I can just flash directly to TBH's 2.3.32 SBF file?

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So I have rubiX 1.8.6 on my phone, system version 2.3.20 (OTA), and I want to upgrade to the latest Apex release. So I can flash this 2.2 SBF on my phone, do the OTA updates, re-root it with zroot, and then bootstrap Apex on to it.

Let me know if I am missing anything here, like if I need to flash to 2.1 first and then re-OTA to 2.2, or if the root remains even after OTA to .340.

Thanks for humoring a noob.

edit: or perhaps I can just flash directly to TBH's 2.3.32 SBF file?

You can flash Apex1.3.1 over 2.3.20 with no problems. You might be able to just flash over Rubix if you do a factory reset before updating in bootsrap. But don't you have a back up of 2.3.20? If you do, just Restore to that. then flash any rom you want.

DO NOT Flash to 2.1 or 2.2 You can only flash 2.3.20 now. you'll brick your phone w/ 2.1 and 2.2. There are work arounds to this that I've read but never practiced, at least I haven't.

qwerty1

Banned
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So just to be clear, I have Android 2.2.1 & System 2.3.20

You can flash Apex1.3.1 over 2.3.20 with no problems. You might be able to just flash over Rubix if you do a factory reset before updating in bootsrap. But don't you have a back up of 2.3.20? If you do, just Restore to that. then flash any rom you want.

DO NOT Flash to 2.1 or 2.2 You can only flash 2.3.20 now. you'll brick your phone w/ 2.1 and 2.2.

According to the Apex wiki requirements page:
Specific to devices:
Droid X: In order to use the latest ApeX (1.3.1), you must have at one point updated to .320 or .340 via SBF, OTA, or update.zip methods and have the new kernels. Failure to do so will result in ApeX installing, but not being able to output any media (music, video, etc.)

And correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that .320 isn't the same as 2.3.20 ? :)

I don't know what stupor I was in when I originally put rubiX on my phone, but I failed to make a backup of 2.3.20 first - :(

Now you say that I must flash 2.3.20, but looking around I can only find the sbf of this version for the droid 2, not the droid x.

Now I found this post:

If you are on 2.3.20, use the 2.3.15 SBF.
If you are on 2.3.320, use the SBF's from TBH

So is it alright to go on this advice, flash the 2.3.15 sbf, do all the OTA updates, re-root, and (backing up first of course :) ) push Apex to my phone?

is this the correct 2.2.1 - 2.3.15 sbf file?: VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf

My bootloader is 30.03 if that makes a difference.

It's wild how difficult it is to piece all this info together. Thank you so much for any help.

EDIT: alright, so I went ahead with the file listed at the bottom there and it worked great. It got stuck in a loop, so I had to follow the directions here to do a factory reset.

Hope this helps someone else!

Last edited:

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone shows up in rsd lite, when I browse to my .sbf file and load it into rsd lite I can not select the start button, it stays greyed out. Any ideas?

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory wipe and I was able to get booted back up, but still can't sbf the VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01 I'm on bootloader 30.03