Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Default ***TBH announces Droid X 2.2 System SBF and RSDLite 4.8***

Many thanks to p3droid and Team Black Hat for this.

I decided not to post the files here, just the link out of respect to p3droid and Team Black Hat since I don't think they wanted this posted everywhere.

Much credit to him and his team.

*NOTE* If you already tried to use the 2.1 SBF this will not help you.

IT DOES WORK. I HAVE TRIED IT MYSELF. I RAN INTO BOOTLOOPS THE FIRST COUPLE TIMES I FLASHED IT. I HAD TO WIPE DATA AND CACHE AND THEN IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

The only thing that I'd like to add is that in the instructions it says to be in "PC Mode" but RSDLite wasn't recognizing my device in "PC Mode" so you can switch to any mode that works for you with ADB and RSDLite recognizes your device.

Thanks again to p3droid.

EDIT: Hit up for the files.
    Last edited by avlfive; 10-01-2010 at 07:14 PM.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is HUGE!!!! Great work, TBH!!!! Moto does NOT win the day!!!!! I follow some of these people on Twitter, and they are all to be given a collective "Thank You" for all your hard work!
    Droid Charge
    There is nothing constant but change.

THANK YOU AVL5 this will be very helpful. I will be re-tweeting this all day i am sure

Thanks as always!

Looks like MOTO/VZW got to the Share sites....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ***TBH announces Droid X 2.2 System SBF and RSDLite 4.8***-droidx2.2.png  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Yes, the links got pulled, but shouts out to RootzWiki for hooking it back up...

BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

can this be used on the official 2.2 sorry if that is a stupid question but when it doubt or you just dont know its better to ask than mess something up
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B_Wat View Post
    can this be used on the official 2.2 sorry if that is a stupid question but when it doubt or you just dont know its better to ask than mess something up
    That's EXACTLY what it's for.

nice.....time to play

The file name is 2.3.13, but isn't the current OTA 2.3.15?

Thanks again for the update AVL

So I'm still running the 2.2 leak... can I just flash this to upgrade to official 2.2 instead of downgrading and installing the official OTA?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clockvstrain View Post
    So I'm still running the 2.2 leak... can I just flash this to upgrade to official 2.2 instead of downgrading and installing the official OTA?
    I don't know I'd do that. I have no idea if it works like that. I doubt it.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Might get yourself into trouble on that one. I wouldn't do it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

what is this?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victormolina15 View Post
    what is this?
    Linky from first post...

ohhhhhh. it unbricks ur phone. gotcha
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Just noticed the sticky.....thought I'd repost this here,

2.2.320 Full SBF now available for those wanting to go froyo 2.2.1

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

i had better luck with this link because it the official froyo .315 and 4.8 rsd lite i was able to get 2.2.1 update after flashing this sbf and able to reroot

Can I just Flash full systems? I have a rooted .340. But I want to go to stock - full stock. How can I do this? I am trying to ebay my phone, so I want it COMPLETEly stock...

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

Question, I downloaded all the necessary files from Rootzwiki; the lastest USB drivers from Moto, downloaded Rsdlite 4.8 and the Froyo 2.2 SBF file. When I tried to install Rsdlite before plugging in my phone to run the SBF in bootloader mode, the computer told me that I had to make sure I had the latest USB drivers, which I did have. To make sure the drivers worked I plugged my MDX into my PC and it located the phone fine. I just wondering what is going on that is preventing me from flashing my phone back to stock. Any ideas or replies to fix this problem are definitely appreciated.

Also, I have the TBH app downloaded onto my phone. Could I use Bootstrapper recovery, and download the SBF from the list of files and then boot into recovery. Followed by reinstalling the 2.2 stock back onto the phone?
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChargedJ View Post
    Question, I downloaded all the necessary files from Rootzwiki; the lastest USB drivers from Moto, downloaded Rsdlite 4.8 and the Froyo 2.2 SBF file. When I tried to install Rsdlite before plugging in my phone to run the SBF in bootloader mode, the computer told me that I had to make sure I had the latest USB drivers, which I did have. To make sure the drivers worked I plugged my MDX into my PC and it located the phone fine. I just wondering what is going on that is preventing me from flashing my phone back to stock. Any ideas or replies to fix this problem are definitely appreciated.

Also, I have the TBH app downloaded onto my phone. Could I use Bootstrapper recovery, and download the SBF from the list of files and then boot into recovery. Followed by reinstalling the 2.2 stock back onto the phone?
    You got 4 different usb settings there, its gonna ask for each one of them settings. If you know you got the drivers in there just ignore/cancel it and continue.

Them SBF Zip files from TBH were meant to be extracted in your computer to use via RSD Lite, NOT bootstrap....wish it was that easy,it's not. Open the zip files on your computer and save to a well known location. Then when you open rsdlite you will browse for the sbf file and open it. Hopefully if you turned on USB Debugging from settings/Applications/Development, your phone will be recognized to the left there on your RSD LITE app. just launch and watch the magic happen.

PS: make sure your USB Connection is on Windows Media sync or Pcmode.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

So I have rubiX 1.8.6 on my phone, system version 2.3.20 (OTA), and I want to upgrade to the latest Apex release. So I can flash this 2.2 SBF on my phone, do the OTA updates, re-root it with zroot, and then bootstrap Apex on to it.

Let me know if I am missing anything here, like if I need to flash to 2.1 first and then re-OTA to 2.2, or if the root remains even after OTA to .340.

Thanks for humoring a noob.

edit: or perhaps I can just flash directly to TBH's 2.3.32 SBF file?
    Last edited by qwerty1; 12-30-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1 View Post
    So I have rubiX 1.8.6 on my phone, system version 2.3.20 (OTA), and I want to upgrade to the latest Apex release. So I can flash this 2.2 SBF on my phone, do the OTA updates, re-root it with zroot, and then bootstrap Apex on to it.

Let me know if I am missing anything here, like if I need to flash to 2.1 first and then re-OTA to 2.2, or if the root remains even after OTA to .340.

Thanks for humoring a noob.

edit: or perhaps I can just flash directly to TBH's 2.3.32 SBF file?
    You can flash Apex1.3.1 over 2.3.20 with no problems. You might be able to just flash over Rubix if you do a factory reset before updating in bootsrap. But don't you have a back up of 2.3.20? If you do, just Restore to that. then flash any rom you want.

DO NOT Flash to 2.1 or 2.2 You can only flash 2.3.20 now. you'll brick your phone w/ 2.1 and 2.2. There are work arounds to this that I've read but never practiced, at least I haven't.
    Banned

Unhappy

So just to be clear, I have Android 2.2.1 & System 2.3.20

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    You can flash Apex1.3.1 over 2.3.20 with no problems. You might be able to just flash over Rubix if you do a factory reset before updating in bootsrap. But don't you have a back up of 2.3.20? If you do, just Restore to that. then flash any rom you want.

DO NOT Flash to 2.1 or 2.2 You can only flash 2.3.20 now. you'll brick your phone w/ 2.1 and 2.2.
    According to the Apex wiki page:
    Specific to devices:
    Droid X: In order to use the latest ApeX (1.3.1), you must have at one point updated to .320 or .340 via SBF, OTA, or update.zip methods and have the new kernels. Failure to do so will result in ApeX installing, but not being able to output any media (music, video, etc.)
    And correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that .320 isn't the same as 2.3.20 ?

I don't know what stupor I was in when I originally put rubiX on my phone, but I failed to make a backup of 2.3.20 first -

Now you say that I must flash 2.3.20, but looking around I can only find the sbf of this version for the droid 2, not the droid x.

Now I found :

If you are on 2.3.20, use the 2.3.15 SBF.
    If you are on 2.3.320, use the SBF's from TBH
    So is it alright to go on this advice, flash the 2.3.15 sbf, do all the OTA updates, re-root, and (backing up first of course ) push Apex to my phone?

is this the correct 2.2.1 - 2.3.15 sbf file?: VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf

My bootloader is 30.03 if that makes a difference.

It's wild how difficult it is to piece all this info together. Thank you so much for any help.

EDIT: alright, so I went ahead with the file listed at the bottom there and it worked great. It got stuck in a loop, so I had to follow the directions to do a factory reset.

Hope this helps someone else!
    Last edited by qwerty1; 12-31-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Progress
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast