This MIUI rom from china will someone be able to get this on the X?

santacruz

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
That for once, looks like a amazing Rom / Theme. All these other ones are sorta in the toss up, but that one looks so damn good.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i just want the lockscreen and the toggle widgets.

hopefully they can be pulled out of the ROM and given to us in some other manner, since we won't be able to install it w/o a cracked bootloader...

the rest is neat, but too iphoney. very clean and polished though

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
That is definatly the coolest looking rom I have ever seen. I will admitt that it is a little to much like the ios but some of the functioning was awesome. The notification bar was crazy.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's even ported to the droid inc now.

i really hope birdman's got something cooking with our bootloader. i have ROM envy.

blast you motorola!! :(

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
it's even ported to the droid inc now.

i really hope birdman's got something cooking with our bootloader. i have ROM envy.

blast you motorola!! :(

I just saw this as well and thought about loading it up on my Dinc.

I'm hoping that something gets accomplished with the bootloader so we can load ROMs and new kernels but it sure has been quiet as far as that goes lately.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, i've still got hope. but if nothing happens in the next couple months, i might have to jump ship to some other android device on verizon that can give me

1. an unlocked bootloader and
2. similar battery life to my droid x.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yea, i've still got hope. but if nothing happens in the next couple months, i might have to jump ship to some other android device on verizon that can give me

1. an unlocked bootloader and
2. similar battery life to my droid x.

For what it's worth, the Incredible is a nice phone and the screen is awesome but the battery is TERRIBLE. I'm still playing around with kernels and SetCPU settings and things to try to improve it but right now it's real bad. Plus, the battery doesn't charge all the way, you have to "bump charge" it.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
ya, i used to have an incredible, i gave it to my sister.

the screen is pretty nice, but not all that much nicer than my x's screen (i'll take a larger size + slightly better sunlight visibility over richer colors any day)

the battery life was the deal breaker for me. but i haven't seen any other verizon android handset that really makes me want to get rid of my x. the fascinate comes close with it's nice screen and unlocked bootloader, but samsung's crappy support and not so stellar battery life have kept me from pulling the trigger.

maybe one of those fancy dual processor devices which are supposedly on the horizon.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i wish it did have an app drawer though, i definitely don't want all my app on my home screens.

so there is absolutely no ways we can get other roms on the DX?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
not until the bootloader is cracked.

until then we can only have customized versions of the rom's that motorola decides to grace us with.

cracked bootloader = custom kernels = proper custom roms.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis