1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default If your using Titanium, can Backup Assistant be frozen?

I'm rooted on the 2.2 leak and have the paid version of Titanium Backup. Are there any negative consequences to using Titanium to freeze Verizon's Backup Assistant? I don't really know what it does, and I'm not that found of using anything Verizon outside of their outstanding network.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

I used Tib to freeze backup assistant. I don't use it and don't want it either. Haven't noticed anything negative afterwards.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Not only can it be frozen, it can be deleted. I did. I deleted a ton of bloat as soon a the .sbf leaked.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by:

What does "freezing" do?

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GTvert90 View Post
    What does "freezing" do?
    Titanium Backup has a great feature that allows you to" freeze" an app. It just blocks the app from system so that it can't be used or use any system resources. This way you can always "defrost" it if you want to allow it back in to use. LOL

Just a safe way to remove bloat without actually deleting it.

There were actually 3 apps associated with backup...

I even had to freeze two messaging apps cuz I was getting duplicates from the wrong time. Very handy for testing which one I actually needed to keep.

i've had backup assistant (as well as a bunch of other blur/verizon related apps/service frozen with no ill results as of yet as well.

Do updates and patches like the coming fix for SMS still get pushed to us when we have these bloatware apps Frozen or do we need to Defrost them first?

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default Re: If your using Titanium, can Backup Assistant be frozen?

I froze backup assistant but system monitor still shows it using memory/resources ?

If your using Titanium, can Backup Assistant be frozen?-screenshot_2013-10-06-09-15-02.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted
    SCH-1545 VRUAME7
    Verizon

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: If your using Titanium, can Backup Assistant be frozen?

Freeze the App and if no problems occur you can delete it. Consider a backup of the App before deletion so you can restore it if you want at a later time.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app