Rom Manager and Roms

admiral70

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Dang it, I had 2.3.13 installed and thought Beesley's rom was an update to 2.3.15 nope it went back to 2.3.09.

Can someone tell me in Rom Manager is there a Rom for the latest 2.3.15?

If not what Rom do you guys like and why?

Thanks

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Beesley doesn't put out ROMs, he puts out build.prop modifications.

The only ROMs (for now) are Tranquility (not on ROM Manager) and FlyX.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Your os is still the same. The build props just come up like that. Not sure why. Its only tweeks to time on things. You will notice faster scrolling and after a call the black screen will disappear faster among other tweeks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, i've been tempted to try out tranqulity, but i don't like the direction they are taking the rom.

when i want vanilla android, i want proper vanilla android, and i can wait for that to happen after we get our cracked bootloader.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
hey adilio , i too am running FlyX , But was curious about this vanilla android . whats different from FlyX? The X is the first Android i have had.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
vanilla android is android without any overlays by manufacturers.

tranquility tries to accomplish this by removing some of the blur apps and installing the stock apps, which kind of works. but i want android running on a non motorola kernel and with no blur anywhere to be found if i want vanilla android. (something like the supposedly upcoming sapphire rom, or CM6)

until we get around the stupid bootloader though, don't expect anything spectacular ROM wise on the droid x or d2.

We_Ready

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
anyone have any idea why when I run rom manager and download flyX and it tells me to boot into recovery mode, so I do that and it says press ok if you are sure you want to do that and I push ok and nothing happens. I have the 928Droid black glass theme installed at the moment if that makes any difference.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone have any idea why when I run rom manager and download flyX and it tells me to boot into recovery mode, so I do that and it says press ok if you are sure you want to do that and I push ok and nothing happens. I have the 928Droid black glass theme installed at the moment if that makes any difference.

Because u type everything in bold!!!!!!!!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
yea, i've been tempted to try out tranqulity, but i don't like the direction they are taking the rom.

when i want vanilla android, i want proper vanilla android, and i can wait for that to happen after we get our cracked bootloader.

I think a lot people would enjoy Tranquility. I had the FlyX and was impressed until the force closing camera issues (panoramic mode shots). So I sbf 'd back and am now trying out this Tranquilty. I'm liking it so far.

We_Ready

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot people would enjoy Tranquility. I had the FlyX and was impressed until the force closing camera issues (panoramic mode shots). So I sbf 'd back and am now trying out this Tranquilty. I'm liking it so far.

when you say sbf'd back is that the same thing of just restoring to a backup?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Restoring to backup would be easier if you have a backup to go to. My X was acting crazy (static wallpaper,etc) so I started over....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar