How long until we get custom ROMs?

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So are there any pools on how many weeks until we got a custom ROM? I hope now that 2.2 is here we will have more people dedicated to busting the loader. I say the over/under is 5 weeks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
My guess is you mean with a full custom kernel? And it is being worked on and has been for quite sometime. But with 2.2 came some new problems and that was the changing of the bootloader.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
When the bootloader is cracked will I be able to install roms without deodexing... I rooted because I thought I could install roms right from rom manager without doing anything else...

Sent from my DROID X using my fingers!

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Full custom Kernel is what I mean, I am not new to the lower levels of rooting. I am new to Custom Roms.

I want a Custom Rom capable of banishing Blur, is this possible without a kernel?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Birdman tweet last night he is waiting for a certain thing before he releases a new thing for the X. Not sure what he has but was talking about the bootloader crack a week ago. Maybe waiting for a full true 2.2 sbf?

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So what position are we in? How does a ROM work right now? Is it like Launcher pro where it just installs over the Blur layar and gives you what you want or is there an actual change to the ROM?

What is the best or most popular custom ROM for the 'X'? Is saw the MIUI Rom and I want to now start getting into loading a custom on my Dx.

Do we have a 'beginners guide to ROM' ?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
We only have I think 2 roms. Flyx and another. Others are themes that are like a skin. Birdman has us covered. Something great is coming.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
We have something from birdman coming... RT @_mrbirdman_ ****** coming soon for the D1, Inc, N1, Eris, Fascinate, and (later on) D2/DX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad