Did I do something wrong, or right?

Red261

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my phone using easyroot back on 2.1. I installed the OTA update and of course lost root. After that I used the droid 2 method to root my phone and gained root with only minor, user driven errors. Later, problems such as the camcorder app closing instead of recording began. I decided to do a factory reset and wipe my phone clean to try to solve these issues. I wiped my phone following the instructions to stop all of my apps and problems from coming back and did not format my sd card. Afterward, I thought I would have to reroot my phone, but was able to go into the files and run the superuser.apk which installed without any problems.

I am wondering if it is normal for it to be this easy to reroot after a factory reset. During the droid 2 root method I was lead to believe that after the instructions were followed the app should be installed, but I had to go into files and run the superuser.apk then.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i could be wrong, but i dont believe factory resetting your device once rooted causes you to lose root, as a reset only deletes data on the phone, not re-writes system files

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure that you're still rooted? Have you checked? Just having the Superuser icon installed doesn't necessarily mean you're rooted. Try a "root-only" application.

You should still be rooted though since it's installed in the system.

Red261

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am defiantly rooted. The root only apps all work fine. The thing that has most confused me is that on another thread for rooting with the droid 2 method, I was told that if the process didn't automatically install superuser then it had failed to gain access to root, but it worked for me.

Also I was wondering if there is any rom out yet that works with 2.2 ota?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am defiantly rooted. The root only apps all work fine. The thing that has most confused me is that on another thread for rooting with the droid 2 method, I was told that if the process didn't automatically install superuser then it had failed to gain access to root, but it worked for me.

Also I was wondering if there is any rom out yet that works with 2.2 ota?

I was under impression that a root does not reverse with a hard reset, I thought you had to run a unroot process to reverse a root. If not then I am wondering if the auto recovery somehow reinstalled the root data after reset? Did you uncheck the auto restore feature under Setting/Private menu?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish