Just rooted droid x...

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
If you're already rooted you most likely won't brick but ALWAYS have a nandroid backup handy. You might run into a bootloop or un responsive screen but with a back up you'll get away from the probs. Now go put a custom Rom!!

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
adiliyo do you if anyone has a video of root process i did root 2.1 and did not unroot before ota (i got excited what can i say)

victormolina15

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for commmenting on this reallly thought I would get no help haha.. but how do I run a backup? And idk what root im runing I got it off YouTube.? Please excuse my noobness for I was once a blackberry user and this is all new to me :)

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
What was the best back up program (or most popular) I have heard but Nandroid and Titanium.
Nandroid isn't a program per se. It's a function used thru recovery to back up your system. Say a kernel doesn't work well or at all with your phone and puts you in a bootloop. You would restore your nand to a previous working backup of a Rom.
As far as titanium goes some ppl live by it and others don't use it. You would use this to keep track of apps you've downloaded from the market so you can restore them after a wipe. Some ppl have had probs with it and just use app brain to sync their apps for easy access to them again.

Thanks for commmenting on this reallly thought I would get no help haha.. but how do I run a backup? And idk what root im runing I got it off YouTube.? Please excuse my noobness for I was once a blackberry user and this is all new to me :)
Well in order to run a backup you have to make one first which is done in recovery mode (with the phone off hold power and home) once there you'll see an option for backup and restore

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Roms for the dx unfortunately I have an evo Haha. I just help out when I see something I know the answer to O:)
As far as the notifications go, go to the user cp and in settings you can check a box to auto send alerts for responses to subscribed threads and messages

Edit
Watch out for cm6. You'll love it

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
there's only 2 "roms" for the dx.

there is flyX (which is built off the initial (.9) leak

and there is tranquility which is an attempt at vanilla android and the latest version (2.3.5) is built off essentially the ota (.15)

the roms are essentially just deodexed, zipaligneed, and have some bloat removed. all of which you could do yourself if you wanted.

we need someone to crack the bootloader before we get any real roms. :(

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
should it say checking for device for awhile and i got the lil green dude with a triangle and !

are you trying to SBF?

you have to put the device in bootloader mode, not the recovery

power down, then hold power+volume down+camera (make sure to push the camera button all the way)

it'll boot up really fast into a basic screen with some text. then RSD will find the phone.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you really brick your phone, you would need to use the sbf to get it working again, which would put your phone in it's original state, so you'd have to root again.

if you just screw up the system (applying a theme, or deleting files) then a nandroid backup will bring you back to the state your system was in when you made it

what issues are you having trying to make a backup?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams