clockworkmod recovery v2.5.0.6 every reboot??

nadabomber

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
so i tried some themes and whatnot had the bootstrap on my phone and rom manger for a bit, ended up wanting to go back to stock, removed root, removed bootstrap, flashed my nandroid backup then did a system wipe. Now every time i reboot my phone it boots into clockworkmod recovery v2.5.0.6, first i thought that wasn't suppose to be there anymore and second why the hell is it coming up every reboot. Any help would be appreciated ty.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall the Recovery APK FIRST
You can also use Root Explorer
Delete the hijack file
Delete logwrapper file
Rename the logwrapper.bin to logwrapper

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My phone boots into recovery mode every day, too, the first time I boot up. Also does it before it "boots" into battery charge mode when off and plugged in.

Am I missing a setting to prevent this behavior?

nadabomber

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
before i did the it with root explorer i did it with terminal emulator which is basically the same as adb, still nothing. I get it on every reboot and when plugging my phone to charge like the above poster. Phone is non rooted and odexed and a fresh factory reset

nadabomber

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I just dont understand , just like with the root explorer method, i do the adb way it works boots stright up perfect BUUUUUUT, after i remove root goes right back the the same issue

nadabomber

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
think i got it, ty for the help eventually the adb way looked like it worked, i formatted after to make sure and it seems good, no root no clockwork popping up, seems stock ty

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I used the 'fix permissions' button in rom manager. It takes about a few minutes and after that I rebooted and was good to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

condr67

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, can anybody give me a step by step method to remove it. I am also having that issue. I do not know how to run anything on my phone so if possible can that be expained also?

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When this happens, are you shutting down your phone while it's plugged in? That's the only time it happens to me and that's because the phone boots into that battery dialog and not fully into android. I believe the bootstrap has a failsafe such that it will boot into the hijacked recovery whenever the phone doesn't fully boot correctly and it expected it to. So, the next time you turn on your phone it sees you had a "failed" boot up/boot down and takes over. If that's the case for you too, all I do is simply shutdown my phone before I plug it in, rather than after, and the issue doesn't happen to me anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa