So...installing ROMs.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to start installing ROMs on my rooted X and have a few questions. What do I need on my actual device to be able to install a ROM? Can I jus install ROM Manager from the Market and start installing? Or is there something I have to do before?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
U got root. Dl rom manager and start having fun. Remember to always make a backup. If you find a rom you want to try not in manager the site will give you instructions for that rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Koush's boot strapper. I think its called droid x boot strapper in the market

Sent from my Droid X w/ ApeX via Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I've been reading. I need to download this Bootstrapper and then I can download ROM Manager from the Market and just start installing.

As for backups, do I need to make a Nand Backup? Or is backing up using MyBackupPro while rooted good enough? Where do I get a Nandroid Backup System?

Thank you!!

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I've been reading. I need to download this Bootstrapper and then I can download ROM Manager from the Market and just start installing.

As for backups, do I need to make a Nand Backup? Or is backing up using MyBackupPro while rooted good enough? Where do I get a Nandroid Backup System?

Thank you!!

I use rommanager to back up.

You can also boot into clockwork mod recovery and backup threw there. But rom manager makes it so easy :p

rom manager doesn't have all the roms that are out. I do believe they have most of the "big ones" right now. ApeX, rubiX, ect.

Just make sure you make a backup of your 2.2 rooted first so you can go back if needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome