Unrooted and really unhappy!

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So after finally learning about rooting roms, over clocking, etc... I went buck wild with roms on rom manager. Loved 928's black bar, tryed gala was ok with it but didnt like the dbl text notifocation issue and didnt want to mess with apks, tryed rubix and it killes my extended battery life so I unrooted using an sbf I picked up on rootzwiki a while back.

Sitting on stock now my battery life is even worse, my market wont let me download or even show some apps ie espn fantasy football, anyone know why?

Also I tried the one click root tonight and could not get it to work... Whats the best way to root these days?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So after finally learning about rooting roms, over clocking, etc... I went buck wild with roms on rom manager. Loved 928's black bar, tryed gala was ok with it but didnt like the dbl text notifocation issue and didnt want to mess with apks, tryed rubix and it killes my extended battery life so I unrooted using an sbf I picked up on rootzwiki a while back.

Sitting on stock now my battery life is even worse, my market wont let me download or even show some apps ie espn fantasy football, anyone know why?

Also I tried the one click root tonight and could not get it to work... Whats the best way to root these days?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What you gonna need more important than the root is PATIENCE. Take a deep breath, then check out the stickies posted here.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the stickies are invaluable. They saved my *** when I bricked mine and had to start over from 2.1. If you want to go that route, just follow the unbrick thread instructions to flash back to 2.1. Then install EasyRoot, root the phone, download ROM Manager and Koush's Bootstrapper and install their rooted 2.2. Then grab the latest deodexed version of 2.2 from TBH. Bang - You're back.

Once you get root back, though, do yourself a favor and install the ApeX ROM. Instructions are in a thread right here in the Hacks Forum (capitalized for reverence) and it kicks @$$. Super fast, almost zero blur, and lots of added goodies.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hmm not to jack your thread but I tried apex. I liked it but the phone rebooted after about 5 min and it was repeatable. Im back stock now just curious if others had this issue.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmm not to jack your thread but I tried apex. I liked it but the phone rebooted after about 5 min and it was repeatable. Im back stock now just curious if others had this issue.

Apex comes overclocked (1.1 no voltage increase) Thats why it kept rebooting. It didn't like the overclock settings.

change in Terminal .......

$su
# overclock
# overclock -off

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm