Rename Lock Screen

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to customize my lock screen just a bit, and i'm not quite sure how to do it. I'll explain as best as i can.

I've seen several people online who have removed/changed the 'Verizon Wireless' banner that appears on the lock screen (see pic below) to something of their own choosing; i.e. 'Dave's Droid X' or what have you. I've tried searching all over for instructions on how to do this, but i don't know if i'm using the right terms or not, so i'm not getting any results. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thanks. :)

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Need to be good with adb commands as you need to pull your framework and with a hex editor change the file around and the push back the framework. I was a noob to this not long ago and found a how to and had no issues. Just took some time. I googled how to change Verizon wireless droid x. If I find the link ill post it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: victormolina15

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Did you try it out? I just did it again no issues. I want something more than just Droid X but not sure what to put in. Just an FYI it changes both the lock screen and the drop down like in the photo.

snap20101104_203855.png

Reactions: victormolina15

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry...i had to rush out to dinner right after i posted my question. Thanks for the info, but i haven't had a chance to try it out. I did look at the directions, and while they're a bit intimidating, i'm going to give it a shot this weekend.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Sorry...i had to rush out to dinner right after i posted my question. Thanks for the info, but i haven't had a chance to try it out. I did look at the directions, and while they're a bit intimidating, i'm going to give it a shot this weekend.

No problem. I too looked at it like hmmmm. It was not hard at all. Let me know if you run into any issues with it.

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I know. I was looking at the how-to again, and i guess it's not really too complicated. More of a fear of the unknown, i suppose. I already had ADB set up on my computer in anticipation of rooting my X, but then i saw the one click method and went that route. Now i have no choice but to roll up my sleeves and get down and dirty with ADB. I'll update here once i'm done.

Thanks again.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
When pulling these files is it a working copy? Just wondering if the phone has to stay attached to the computer while your playing with settings, or if it could work if you did get disconnected.

just a hypothetical question, of course you want your phone connected throughout the whole process but I'm trying to understand the workings of it all. Are you actually taking stuff out of your phone leaving a void when "pulling"? Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I pull the slider png files from other roms then dump them with metamorph. It just replaces the images.

This is some deep stuff here now. How and where do you pull png files from a rom that's not on your phone? Is Metamorph a developmental tool found in the market?

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

Like y9ur sliders! What Rom are you using?[/QUOTE]

I'm not running a custom ROM, just using the REVOlution theme, and i grabbed the sliders from somewhere online. I forgot where, sorry, but you should be able to find them with a quick Google search. :)

Reactions: JkdJedi

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
U can pull the files and edit them to your liking. You can also pull others from other roms and just install the sliders.

Can you provide a step by step tutorial? That would be most excellent. I need to be able to customize something else. I've already done everything possible

I just seem the link for the how to... Lol

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This is some deep stuff here now. How and where do you pull png files from a rom that's not on your phone? Is Metamorph a developmental tool found in the market?

You can get metamorph from the market. I haven't yet found a use for it but that may be changing soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781