Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid X Bootloader 30.04 and version 2.3.151

Did I miss something? Last I saw, the bootloader version for the DX was 30.03 and the OTA version was 2.3.15. I received a like new replacement today that I am planning to send back, but since I rooted it first thing I decided to sbf back to stock. But I immediately noticed that the bootloader version was 30.04 and then looked at the system version in About Phone and saw that it is 2.3.151. See the attached picture for detail. My original DX is on the left and the replacement on the right.

I'd really like to send the one on the right back, but may not be able to since I'm a little nervous about sbf-ing an older version. Anybody have any thoughts?

Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by miller7796 View Post
    Did I miss something? Last I saw, the bootloader version for the DX was 30.03 and the OTA version was 2.3.15. I received a like new replacement today that I am planning to send back, but since I rooted it first thing I decided to sbf back to stock. But I immediately noticed that the bootloader version was 30.04 and then looked at the system version in About Phone and saw that it is 2.3.151. See the attached picture for detail. My original DX is on the left and the replacement on the right.

I'd really like to send the one on the right back, but may not be able to since I'm a little nervous about sbf-ing an older version. Anybody have any thoughts?

They don't care, especially if it's insured.

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    They don't care, especially if it's insured.
    I think he meant "what if there's problems like trying to flash the 2.1 SBF to a phone that had the OTA 2.2?"

-Bob

I'd just send it back like it is no matter what you've already done (without trying to sbf). The preceding sentence is way beyond the scope of understanding for anyone that will be receiving/processing the phone.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/