ROM question regarding new OS releases.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If I'm running Rubix or FlyX (off of the original 2.2 leak) and in a few weeks an OTA 2.2.1 update is released, is it likely that whatever fixes are in that update will be incorporated into some of the custom ROMS built off of the old leak? In other words, will I be able to download a new/updated ROM that has new fixes in it, or will I have to sbf to the OTA to get these fixes?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
If I'm running Rubix or FlyX (off of the original 2.2 leak) and in a few weeks an OTA 2.2.1 update is released, is it likely that whatever fixes are in that update will be incorporated into some of the custom ROMS built off of the old leak? In other words, will I be able to download a new/updated ROM that has new fixes in it, or will I have to sbf to the OTA to get these fixes?

If you never went to ota 2.2 I don't think you can apply the new 2.2.1. If your on the ota 2.2 with a rom like you said it may take you back to stock and unroot you. Updates in the past have done this. Let the big dogs pick at it before you click that update button. I held off on the ota 2.2 till just a few days ago. So no rush.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm running the Rubix 1.0 on top of the LEAKED 2.2. I'm just wondering if some of these guys that write the ROMS will pull out the new update stuff (once 2.2.1 arrives) and add it to new updates of their ROMS. That way, I would never have to get on any version of the OTA release.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Invertnito theme, and I'm likely not going to install the 2.2.1 update. I haven't seen a lot of support for the theme since it was released and I'm not currently having any issues that require a patch. I'll just ignore the update.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I'm having is that my custom ringtones only work about 20% of the time, with no relationship to whether or not I've rebooted the phone. I'm not sure if it's a Rubix, Motorola, Froyo, settings or app conflict, but I was hoping an OS update might fix it.