Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default z4root root app????

I have noticed on a number of forums that z4root works on many of the Android devices and on the market a number of users reported that this root and unroot method also works on the Droid X but I was wondering if anyone with a Droid X used this app from the market and if it worked correctly.. I seen on Samsung and HTC areas its been working.

Does any one that tried it care to shine some light of this app? I would love to try it but if it has been verified as a waste of time I wont bother... Im rooted now with 1.2.3 method from xda but I like to experiment with other methods as well..

ANY INFORMATION BE APPRECIATED.... THANK YOU
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

I used it. It's easy.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I just used it. I rebooted phone first, then downloaded and installed. Worked perfectly.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I just used it. I rebooted phone first, then downloaded and installed. Worked perfectly.

Anyone tried this on the evo?

worked perfectly on my x. i've been waiting for an easy root method for 2.2, and this is it. took about 5 minutes, and the rebooted itself! rooted!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Sounds like this one is developing a very good track record, appreciate the feed back..

UPDATE:
    I am another that can verify that it roots and unroots Droid X perfectly...

Thanks Again..
    Samsung S3

Quote Originally Posted by deltatko View Post
    Anyone tried this on the evo?
    It doesn't work on the EVO. Both the app description and the developers page are very clear that it doesn't work on NAND locked devices like the EVO.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

-----------------------------------------
    Droid X (Liberty 3 v2.0)
    Droid Incredible (CM 7.2.0 RC1)
    Nook Color w/ 8GB N2A card
    -----------------------------------------
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    It doesn't work on the EVO. Both the app description and the developers page are very clear that it doesn't work on NAND locked devices like the EVO.
    The app states that it doesn't work for EVO... It originally reported D2 / DX..
    Samsung S3

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Works great and yes it roots and unroots also it just updated and now has temp. root or permanent root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Banned

ROM
    My roms (link in sig)

Yep it works....it roots and unroots, I tried on dpro, x, and 2, all in the vzw store

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

What about the aria? Temp root worked but I've tried a few times on permanent root and it doesn't seem to be working... ?

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk. Anarcho-Capitalism FTW!

I think all Htc phones are NAND locked & the app description says it will only temporarily root those devices. I think there are other 1 click root methods for them...unrEVOked, maybe, or something like that.

You can still use this though and will only lose root when you reboot, which may not be that often.

I haven't been ale to get it to work on my fascinate. I just stays on the screen where it's "running the exploit" I've tried rebooting. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I think all Htc phones are NAND locked & the app description says it will only temporarily root those devices. I think there are other 1 click root methods for them...unrEVOked, maybe, or something like that.

You can still use this though and will only lose root when you reboot, which may not be that often.
    I used unrevoked and it worked as advertised

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I just recently downloaded this application from the market. I tried both permanent and temporary roots, both were at the running exploit screen for a couple minutes. is out not working or am I just that impatient. Droid X
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,784 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I'm rooted using the terminal emulator. Can I use this app to unroot as well? Or is this unroot process exclusive to only the people that used this app to root?
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Sounds like this one is developing a very good track record, appreciate the feed back..

UPDATE:
    I am another that can verify that it roots and unroots Droid X perfectly...

Thanks Again..
    +1 for Z4.......I SBFd with 2.2.1 and lost root, then found Z4. I have root again.

(Yes there is a SBF for 2.2.1)
    If your not making any mistakes your not trying hard enough..
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    +1 for Z4.......I SBFd with 2.2.1 and lost root, then found Z4. I have root again.

(Yes there is a SBF for 2.2.1)
    U may have to pm me with that link.

AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,784 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Can this be used on a droid Eris? I have a few Eris devices that NEED rooting. Looking for the easiest method possible

sent from planet earth
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Can this be used on a droid Eris? I have a few Eris devices that NEED rooting. Looking for the easiest method possible

sent from planet earth
    What the crap is a Eris... j/k. Easy way to find out. If not on a list of phones to work on then just try. You got a few right? It may not work being an older os. I would say no. You can pull the apk file from your phone and install on the eris and see. I would just check around the net and find a way made for the eris. Might not be a easy on click but you will get to learn something.

AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,784 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Talking

Lol. What the crap? Good one. I have more and more family that I'm converting to Androidians. For what they're gonna use the device for,the eris was good enough. I played with it and damn... Gramma was slow but she was old. They like what I'm able to do with my X and what I've done to my wife's Dinc. Both Eris devices are running on 2.1, so let's just hope that this app will do the one click root for me/them. I'm gonna give it a shot and I'll report back to this thread when my results are reached. Won't be soon though. This fam lives out of town. Thanks for the feedback TNT
    Snitches get stitches
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

No problem let us know how it goes.

AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,784 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Its gonna be a close my eyes,tap the screen and hope for the best. Maybe have the fam sign a disclaimer form

sent via DXmeatclaw tapatalk
    Snitches get stitches

Global Posts
    7,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I was thinking about using this just to see if it would work on my dx since others says it worked for them.I have downloaded and saved the apk to a backup already so dont have to worry if it gets gone off the market like easyroot did.

Why does it have temporary and permenant root selections tho ? I mean if you want to unroot then why even have the temporary part ,lol.

After I root I guess then my next thing would be to find another "rom" to use if I wanted to .

Or I could just be rooted for wireless tether and screen shot apps ,

If I root with this and unroot I guess I would still get the "ota update"( that hopefully get released by christmas) to froyo