Rom/theme help

jroby12

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my droid last week using visionary and then downloaded 928droid zip. Is the 928droid a rom or theme. What's the difference and do I need to clear cache and data everytime I apply a new theme?

Also themes are specific for specific roms, correct?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
928droid makes themes. a theme is just a visual change to your system framework (i.e. black status bar, different font, etc), whereas a rom is actually a re-worked version of the OS. some themes are designed to work with different roms, some will work with stock roms. usually it is specified wherever you downloaded the theme from which roms the theme is compatible with.

you dont have to wipe when applying a theme only (i never had, and have never had an issue), BUT always make a nandroid backup before applying any theme to your phone, just in case the theme screws something up, or if you find you just dont like it

now one more very important question for you: after you rooted, did you deodex your system files? if not, DO NOT apply any themes until you are deodexed, as it will mess up your phone

btw, also moving to rom/hacks forum

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol