What ROM are you using?

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just thought it would be fun to hear what ROM/theme everyone is currently using and what they like/dislike about it.

I am currently using ApeX, a mostly AOSP ROM with some nice UI tweaks (transparent notification window and lock screen). It is screaming fast and removes most of the lag found in stock blur.

What is everyone else using and why?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Simply stunning .. it rocks and it has some blur. I have never had a issue with blur lag. I tried those asop roms and the x just needs sone blur to function propley

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Apex themed with nextheme. I missed some blur like the alarm clock, tex and my accounts so I pushed them back onto apex.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was on Rubix Focused 1.0, but my custom ringtones would not work with it, so I switched to Apex 1.0. Love it. I like a little bit of blur. It gave me my contact search icon back.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I am still on Fly X , with 928 Black Glass X and custom boot animation and M logo replacement. I have to say that i tried all the ''major'' roms (Apex,Rubix,Etc )and i really like the way FlyX performs on my phone the best.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
ApeX RC1 and I love it - It just flies. I've been debating upgrading to the new one, though.

Question for the RubiX 1.6 users: Has the calendar issue been resolved? I staled it and loved it, but couldn't get the google calendar to sync.

TVCMI

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Apex with Next theme. It is rock solid, fast and great battery life. It will have to be a great ROM for me to move off Apex. I have tried all the other ROMs mentioned except Fission and Simply Stunning.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So, I just installed RubiX 1.8.6. Been installing my Titanium app backups and getting it back up and running, but so far - Wow - It is FAST. Don't know what happened with ApeX, but I was getting a lot of LPP force closes and it was getting really laggy. I'll check in tomorrow once I get my setup happening again.

UPDATE: Rubix 1.8.6 cooks - Really fast and stable with zero reboots overclocked at 1.2 GHz. All the system graphics have been redone - settings menu icons, dialer, drop-down notification window, all of it is colorful and really pops. The guy did a great job on this.

I put the Black Juice theme over top with the button fix and it looks great - black bar, custom notification icons, added graphics to the drop down, etc. I love all the customizing the devs did to the overall look. I'm definitely going to roll with this for a while.

Last edited:

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Rubix

I'm running Rubix 1.0 and having FC and reboot issues. I don't see 1.6 or 1.8 in ROM manager. Where do I get it?

I really want something with no Blur at all and the best ones I've found so far are Rubix or Fission. Trying to decide which to get.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Rubix 1.0 and having FC and reboot issues. I don't see 1.6 or 1.8 in ROM manager. Where do I get it?

I really want something with no Blur at all and the best ones I've found so far are Rubix or Fission. Trying to decide which to get.

There were some known issues with 1.6 at launch, but so far so good on 1.8.6, which was released only a few weeks later. Not a single reboot for me. You can get it here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...mitated-never-duplicated-focused-1-8-6-a.html

Installation is cake. You don't even need to mount the system in clockwork. Just download, move to root of sd, tap bootstrap recovery, reboot in recovery. Wipe data and cache, install zip from sd, pow. You have rubix.