[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.1 - 11.13.2010

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Been on this for a few days now. Smooth and fast. I have not had any problems since installing.

Sent from my DROIDX

TVCMI

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been curious about this ROM for a few weeks. I have only had an ASOP experience with Rubix focused. After that ROM, I am not sure I really would like a more true ASOP experience or not. I had a lot of problems with my camera and some other apps. It was really hard on my battery. I am on Apex now with Next theme and like it a lot but it does come with some blur. But I love to try out others.

How is the battery life on Fission? Have you had any FC's? What kind of themes work well with Fission? What type things would you like to see improved?

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Battery life for me on Fission is as good or better than any other ROM i've tried. As well, I don't really receive any force closes, some people do report that occasionally battery manager does, but it seems to on any ROM / even stock moto apparently. I've never gotten one on Fission thouhg, personally. There are themes for Fission, though they have to be custom made for Fission. I created one that you can check out here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...black-out-preview-fission-dx-2-0-2-0-2-a.html. Some people do end up missing some Blur when they switch to Fission, but for me it's definitely a welcomed feature. Plus, Fission makes it real easy to bring back the DX multi-touch keyboard, the DX camera, and a few other DX features that are included in moto stock that people were missing.

Reactions: TVCMI

TVCMI

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you javroch! I am definitely on board for a try. I may wait until this weekend though when I have more time to play. I didn't realized it has been about 2 or three weeks since I last tried a new ROM. Can't wait!

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm running javroch theme and really like it. I did do the battery icon mod that AirMaxx23 posted a couple days ago. The only f/c I get are for the battery stats occasionaly. I did sbf to stock from Rubix 1.6 as was posted in the install directions. Went great. Btw I noticed today about 5 new themes up for this rom. I think it was over at WWW.droidforums.com
Sent from my DROIDX

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thank you javroch! I am definitely on board for a try. I may wait until this weekend though when I have more time to play. I didn't realized it has been about 2 or three weeks since I last tried a new ROM. Can't wait!

Good idea! I think I'll play with this Rom on the weekend to. Found a theme to flash as well........

[THEME] Revolution Remix for Fission 2.1 - xda-developers

REVOlution REmix

Well, I couldn't wait. First impressions, where did all the apps go? VANILLA indeed...
2nd impressions, the camera app blows big time.......YUCK. Stuck in the 90's.
Decided to give this a week or two....

Last edited: