xUltimate, deodexing and OTAs

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So...like many here I've been enjoying my new found root ability. I've done the basics in terms of Titanium backup, freezing bloat, and enjoying many of the root-only apps out there. Now I'd like to bump up the speed; I was considering going for a ROM like Rubix, and I may well do that, but I've been trying to take things at a sedate pace, so instead I was considering Deodexing and optimizing with something like xUltimate instead.

Has anyone else here tried xUltimate? And am I correct in assuming that deodexing will make it impossible to get an OTA? So I'm most likely looking at reflashing to a nandroid backup if I want an OTA?

Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate the information.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I ran Rubix Focused 1.0 for a while, but I never could get my custom ring tones to work while on it. That doesn't mean that you'd have the same problem, but that's how it worked out for me. The best ROM I've run is ApeX 1.0. I can't find a single thing that does not work perfectly (at least on my phone). The easiest way to install it is through the premium version of ROM Manager. You make a nandroid backup, and a couple of clicks through ROM Manager and you're up and running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11