Once Rooted: Few Quick Questions

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so im rooted. I don't feel like im ready to get involved with roms but I was wondering if I could accomplish these few things.

- Can I increase battery life in anyway?
- Can I improve my 3G signal at all?
- And I believe I already know which app to use to speed up the phone but what are the recommended settings for cpu speed and setcpu settings?

Thanks so much guys! And if you guys have anymore pointers for a newbie im all ears.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ok, so im rooted. I don't feel like im ready to get involved with roms but I was wondering if I could accomplish these few things.

- Can I increase battery life in anyway?
- Can I improve my 3G signal at all?
- And I believe I already know which app to use to speed up the phone but what are the recommended settings for cpu speed and setcpu settings?

Thanks so much guys! And if you guys have anymore pointers for a newbie im all ears.

Get ready for some fun!
Battery life yes. Dl set cpu. U can make profiles like keep speed lowest when screen is off and reduce speed when battery gets low.
3g boost I don't think so.
Over/underclock will speed up phone and save battery. On the market dl the unstable app for oc. They have a bunch of presets to start with. I run a 1.2 preset with the voltage dropped to save battery. Let us know if you got more questions :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: miamifin33

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Uses less power to run a speed that should save battery. Need to set correct or phone will freeze and reboot. Higher speeds need higher voltage. Stick with presets first and see what your phone likes. Some can't get over 1.1

Reactions: miamifin33

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I liked the OC by unstable apps best it seems user friendly for new people beginning to do these changes .:)

We_Ready

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Get ready for some fun!
Battery life yes. Dl set cpu. U can make profiles like keep speed lowest when screen is off and reduce speed when battery gets low.
3g boost I don't think so.
Over/underclock will speed up phone and save battery. On the market dl the unstable app for oc. They have a bunch of presets to start with. I run a 1.2 preset with the voltage dropped to save battery. Let us know if you got more questions :)

I've set mine to a 1.2 preset. If this works correctly will it increase performance AND save battery or is there something else I need to do to save battery?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I've set mine to a 1.2 preset. If this works correctly will it increase performance AND save battery or is there something else I need to do to save battery?

Try this. Hit the menu key in the app. Click preset. Make one off of the 1.2. Go to voltage 27 for the 4000 slot and change to 26 and save. Apply that. If using setcpu it with min 4000 with screen off it will use less power.

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can I use CPU Tuner to get the same affect as SetCPU...?

And can I used Milestone Overclock as a replacement for OC by Unstable?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc